The Dark Side

Mike B.

Well the time has come! After much deliberation we have decided we do more fixed holidays than touring these days due to age & infirmity and also spend the winters on a long term pitch. Consequently we have decidedto go over to the 'Dark Side' and sell the van and buy a Car & Caravan.

Opinions sought!

Question is:

We have a 7m Low Profile Van & a C1 with A-frame-would it be better to advertise/sell them as a matching pair with personalised plates or would you split them as 2 seperate entities with an option of discount for pair?

My thoughts are the latter but if I was to sell the C1 solo it would be a waste of an A-frame & electronic braking system just as a small car but would somebody want to buy a Toad as a solo ready to go?

I could part-ex the C1 for my new tow car but once again feel it would be a waste fo the value of the towing system.

I don't want to open the old chestnut of A-framing up-just opinions on selling the vehicles.

Finally if anyone is looking for a realisticly priced outfit with stacks of extras fully ready to tour PM me

Thanks in advance

Mike

I'd have the "Toad" I think you called as an option and put a price for the 'van on its own and a price for the lot. Also advertise the car and frame separately. I think you'll find the car with frame will sell first. Plus, try & get a free ad somewhere *-) ;-)

keninpalamos - 2017-04-04 7:53 AM

I'd have the "Toad" I think you called as an option and put a price for the 'van on its own and a price for the lot. Also advertise the car and frame separately. I think you'll find the car with frame will sell first. Plus, try & get a free ad somewhere *-) ;-)

Thanks for that-That was my thoughts too. Have listed them like that-see what happens! Got a bit of a lump in my throat now but suppose age/health hits us all eventually.

Cheers

Mike

Mike B. - 2017-04-04 9:22 PM

keninpalamos - 2017-04-04 7:53 AM

Thanks for that-That was my thoughts too. Have listed them like that-see what happens! Got a bit of a lump in my throat now but suppose age/health hits us all eventually.

Cheers

Mike

Mike if age/health is the reason for changing, surely a caravan is more "faffing" about with , than a van?

We thought along those lines, and decided to stay with van as long as possible. as one friend (much younger than us) said, why give up if you can still drive it??

Will be interested to know how you get on with the sale, as i think this is definitely our last year , so will be looking for the best place to sell it

PJay

Archived