Lightweight Reclining Chairs

Frank McAuley

We have a pair of lightweight folding chairs to which the put-your-legs-on part is a clip-on attachment - which means they work well as ordinary chairs (eg at a table) and also work as loungers.

Had them years and not seen the same sort lately but the idea of detachable leg xupports works a treat if you can find some.

As above, the Dukdalf chairs and leg rests are excellent and very light.

Alternatively, you could look at the Crespo chairs and leg rests. They are very light and well made. I've had mine for 15 years of regular use and they are still in good condition. Not the last word in recliner comfort but a fair compromise if weight is an issue.

In both cases, look for the high back ones for which removable head pads are available. Good second hand ones often to be found on famous auction sites.

Nobby

When we needed new camp chairs we went to the camping shop and sat in every one that was on display. The most comfortable one was the one we purchased. Ours fold up and have a carry bag as they go in the underbed pocket. Most of the units I have seen all appear to be made from lightweight materials. Cheers,

Archived