x250 power steering fluid

pagey

hi my van needs the power steering topping up. The oil in the reservoir is red and looks like atf which i think should not be in there as far as i know if should be green (dextron3) maybe so can anybody confirm what to top it up with thanks in advance

All Ducato's, right up to the current models have red fluid from the factory. This is, as you say Dexron 2. The handbooks since 2007 have stated Dexron 3. I believe this to be an error. I, for one am not putting anything different in mine to what was in there to begin with!

I would be more concerned as to where the fluid has gone. There must be a leak somewhere. The unions that connect to the pump are the most common and sometimes just need nipping up a little, but you will need to be underneath the rear of the engine to get at it.

thanks nick i thought dextron was green i will get some dextron 2 tomorrow. I have had a good look around underneath and cant see any fluid leak maybe it has had a leak previously and repaired and not topped up (probably wishful thinking) i have only owned it 6 months and its a 2011 i will top up tomorrow and keep an eye on it, again many thanks nick

Archived