Fuse Diagrams

Having arrived on site yesterday I was surprised to experience a total failure of both my 12vlt and mains hook up supplies. Carried out usual checks, cable, fuzes, etc to no avail. Would any member have a fuse diagram of a 2003 Auto sleeper Pollensa please.

Three weeks ago it all worked well in Spain. ???

Can't help with the fuses but suggest you first check the integrity of the EHU cable and the trip switch (RCD or whatever they call it) inside the MH.

Also, how old are your habitation batteries. If you've been permanently hooked up in Spain you may not have noticed the condition of your hab batteries.

Glad to hear you've identified the problem. It does seem strange, however, that your 1 year old hab battery failed. But the cells have been known to occasionally short-out on newish batteries.

It's curious that your mains power also failed on your most recent trip after returning from Spain. These things don't normally happen by coincidence - unless you're extremely unlucky !!!

I would purchase a cheap multimeter (if you don't already have one) and check the voltage across the terminals of the new hab battery. Then plug the van into the mains with the onboard charger activated and again measure the voltage across the hab battery. There should be a rise in voltage to a maximum of 14.4v.

My hab battery has an inline fuse in close proximity to the battery from the positive terminal. Suggest you check this, especially if you fail to get any rise in voltage when on charge.

The test described above can also be used to check the charge to the hab and starter battery from the alternator, with the engine running.

It would be interesting to know what type of battery you have sourced as a replacement, ie wet acid, Gel or AGM.

Herdwick Willy - 2017-05-08 7:34 PM

Having arrived on site yesterday I was surprised to experience a total failure of both my 12vlt and mains hook up supplies. Carried out usual checks, cable, fuzes, etc to no avail. Would any member have a fuse diagram of a 2003 Auto sleeper Pollensa please.

Three weeks ago it all worked well in Spain. ???

If you still need a wire diagram., and your van is a ducato. The chances are that it is the same as our 2006 one. The change came after our van later in 2006.We have some copies, (always take one with us) If you Pm me with your e-mail, I will get a copy e-mailed to you I believe it will be same as our Swift.?

PJay

Archived