Where is my fresh water Tank?

tom1946

My grateful thanks go to the people who have so far helped me as a newbie.

I now have what is probably a stupid question, My 2002 Starfire must have a fresh water tank but I'm blowed if I can find it :-(

Can anyone help please?

There is a tank at the back but the outlet just goes to a drain tap so I'm guessing that's the waste water?

Thanks.

usually under a seat? Where is the filler cap on the outside? That should indicate where the tank is.

Did the seller not give you a detail of what and where things are? If you have hot water there should be a small tank for that , often under the wardrobe floor. The waste water tank usually under the van with a tap to drain it from.

Looks like you have a steep learning curve !!

Good luck and enjoy your new ventures.

PJay

Thanks PJay, I found the 'kettle' under a dinette seat on the offside, the filler is on the drivers side about halfway up next to the mains plugin, when I look beneath that there's nothing to see.

Confused. apart from the boiler there's nothing there...

Found it, it's inboard cunningly hidden under the wardrobe floor with only an inspection hatch to see it through. As you suggested, follow the boiler pipe back :-D

I've never seen an inboard tank before, I had the use of a Transit Advantura in the 70's along with a Hiace in the 80's and the water tanks fell off them eventually.

Happy daze, we're getting there.

thanks for all your help, this forum is a mine of information.

Tom.

tom1946 - 2017-05-18 8:13 PM

Found it, it's inboard cunningly hidden under the wardrobe floor with only an inspection hatch to see it through. As you suggested, follow the boiler pipe back :-D

I've never seen an inboard tank before, I had the use of a Transit Advantura in the 70's along with a Hiace in the 80's and the water tanks fell off them eventually.

Happy daze, we're getting there.

thanks for all your help, this forum is a mine of information.

Tom.

Are you sure that is he main water tank? That may be the tank for the hot water? I would try and fill some water in and watch the tank you have found. We have 2 tanks . A large one under the seat and a small one under the wardrobe floor for the hot water, which when we drain down for winter, have to make sure both are empty.

PJay

This is a black plastic tank with what looks like a screw type inspection cover on the top, it's also right underneath the filler on the drivers side and there is nothing under the van

You can see the boiler on the right in this pic, the blue pipe goes to the fresh water tank:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x73/Peasmold/IMG_1380_zps9zhxxpfr.jpg

The drain is on the floor.

Tom

Make sure you check how the Ultrastore boiler drains.

It was likely from photos of Starfires contemporary to yours that the position of the fresh-water filler-cap (quite high up on the vehicle’s right-hand side and midway along it) would indicate an interior water tank located either beneath the settee or in the wardrobe and, if that were the case, that the floor-mounted drain-tap in your photos would drain that water tank.

Logically there ought to be a separate drain-tap just for the Ultrastore boiler and this tap should be expected to be close to the boiler.

We all start from scratch. And there are forum members on here that have more of a "clue" than many dealers and so called experts. Indeed some are experts in their field of Motorhome electronics, plumbing, mechanics etc with years of experience . So you have come to the right place. Enjoy your 'van.

Len Salisbury - 2017-05-19 10:35 AM

This thread has attracted 2440 views and 29 replies and still counting. There must be some interest in it.

Currently (16: 56 19 May 2017) this thread has attracted 316 ‘views’ and 15 ‘replies’ (and still counting).

What have you got to say for yourself. (?) (?) ;-) ;-)

keninpalamos - 2017-05-19 11:30 AM

We all start from scratch. And there are forum members on here that have more of a "clue" than many dealers and so called experts. Indeed some are experts in their field of Motorhome electronics, plumbing, mechanics etc with years of experience . So you have come to the right place. Enjoy your 'van.

Thanks, I've found some very knowledgable people already and feel very much at home, there are a lot of forums on this subject but this one has a 'feel' to it and a nice vibe. (Plus everyone sounds as old as me (lol)

tom.

tom1946 - 2017-05-19 7:36 PM

keninpalamos - 2017-05-19 11:30 AM

Thanks, I've found some very knowledgable people already and feel very much at home, there are a lot of forums on this subject but this one has a 'feel' to it and a nice vibe. (Plus everyone sounds as old as me (lol)

tom.

TOM

If your name + 1946 (year) is what I think. Then some of us are much older ! But you are as young (or old) as you feel. One day 70 will be the retirement date. It's already creeping up. Glad I already get my pension.

Yes there are a lot of nice and knowledgeable people on here. But you will always get a bad apple in the box.

PJay

I have tried to upload the information for you but I keep getting an error message saying "operation not allowed"

I have the Autocruise manual for most if not all the 2004 models including the Starfire, the manual contains gas, water, heating & ventilation system layouts as well as 230 volt & 12 Volt wiring diagrams, conversion weight specifications, tyre pressures & vehicle dimensions etc; if you send me a PM with your e-mail address I can scan any relevant info that you need and e-mail them to you.

Regards

Phil

Archived