PAW - 2007-01-06 10:30 PM

and transfer using a hand pump or an electrical pump which shuts of

when the tank that is being filled reaches 80%,

this is what the delivery tankers do and the garage LPG pumps

there are pumps for sale on EBAY search for LPG in ALL categories

hope this is what you've been looking for

PAW

Hate to spoil the party, but:-

And the regulations would require that all the Equipment used must complt with the ATEX Regulations. Check that out, it relates to (Hazardous Area Equipment used in Explosive Atmospheres) and the cost spirals enormously, then add the Pressure Systems and Gas Cylinder Regulations. (Sorry i can't remember the full title) On top of the above, add the Regulations applicable for LPG Storage & Road Tankers.

They are not there for fun, this is an EXTREMELY dangerous scenario.

Please do not attempt it, for a few £££'s worth of Gas.

Flicka

Flikca

the equipment that i refer to has all the relevant paper work cert's ect

and any cylinder supplied for storage use has passed all the reg's as these are supplied and connected by companies such as BOC so i would say they no what they are doing and talking about

you refer to tankers? take a look into private vehicle LPG installations

and what they have to conform to .and what they have to display on the outside of the vehicle to say what is being carried NOTHING yet all is satisfactory with the governing bodies ,and in the eyes of the vehicle insurance underwriters all that is required is a certificate of competent installation ,

i really cant see what your point is ?

other than to express the dangers involved which is understood

i have looked into this carefully

and so has Bill now this why he started the thread to gain a bit of information as to what is involved and where to go

i feel its a real shame they way this thread has gone there has been some genuine concern and advice but also a lot of sarcastic remarks

"there's nothing stranger then folk"

I'm sorry if this offends any body it is not meant to, there is only small number of wind up merchants with nothing better to do and cant add any meaningful constructive input to the thread

for me this is my last comment on this thread as there is no more to be said .

PAW

The point I was trying to make about escaping gas from the pipe was in the simple scenario of linking two gas bottles one above the other to gravity feed the bottom bottle from the top one. After the transfer has been completed and both bottle taps turned off there still remains gas or liquid in the interconnecting pipe that must come out one end or the other when its disconnected from the bottles.

I agree that the non return valves fitted when a bulk tank is filled at the pumps is a different kettle of fish as the inlet fitted to the van will have a non return valve fitted to it, as will the tank and also the trigger is released closing off the nozzle.

PAW - 2007-01-09 9:40 PM

Flikca

the equipment that i refer to has all the relevant paper work cert's ect

and any cylinder supplied for storage use has passed all the reg's as these are supplied and connected by companies such as BOC so i would say they no what they are doing and talking about

you refer to tankers? take a look into private vehicle LPG installations

and what they have to conform to .and what they have to display on the outside of the vehicle to say what is being carried NOTHING yet all is satisfactory with the governing bodies ,and in the eyes of the vehicle insurance underwriters all that is required is a certificate of competent installation ,

i really cant see what your point is ?

other than to express the dangers involved which is understood

i have looked into this carefully

and so has Bill now this why he started the thread to gain a bit of information as to what is involved and where to go

i feel its a real shame they way this thread has gone there has been some genuine concern and advice but also a lot of sarcastic remarks

"there's nothing stranger then folk"

I'm sorry if this offends any body it is not meant to, there is only small number of wind up merchants with nothing better to do and cant add any meaningful constructive input to the thread

for me this is my last comment on this thread as there is no more to be said .

PAW

PAW

I am not offended and do not set out to offend anyone else.

I also admit I did not read the thread right from start to finish, but it appeared that there is a question of transfering liquid LPG form one cylinder to another. There is a fundermental difference between LPG being taken off via a regular in Gaseous form and handling Liquid LPG. The regulations I stated are relevant to the Liquid form.

My point is exactly to express the dangers involved and I had no intent to wind you up.

Please accept there are other people also viewing this thread who may interpret some of the comments incorrectly.

Regarding private vehicles not displaying anything, respectfully I think that you will find any New Motorhome will have the necessary Hazardous Substance label on it's Gas Locker door.

Still forum buddies hopefully ?

Flicka

Archived