---

henry

Never been to Shepton Mallet but from experience all outdoor shows allow dogs, you can even take them into the show itself but don't take them into the hospitality/catering tents and preferably not into the motorhomes as it tends to make the dealers a bit twitchy! Whether it's because they might pee (the dogs that is) or get too comfy on the nice squidgy seating I don't know!!!

Enjoy the show.

Yes they are allowed. For this show all the vans have to park on the trackways which leaves lots of green open space for the dogs. Theres one big field to the south of the show buildings with a duck pond at the end so we always try to park near there. I hope you and the dogs enjoy the show!

michele - 2007-01-03 12:25 AM

When is the show please or am I asking the obvious ...........dont tell me it's advertised on here somewhere ? (lol)

Hi Michelle, it's next weekend, Friday 12th to Sunday 14th Jan, and No MMM do not advertise it...long saga, I think, but same as the September show which they will not cover. I guess that's because it's tun by a competitor....!

For full details try Stone Leisure website.

Keith T - 2007-01-03 10:00 AM

michele - 2007-01-03 12:25 AM

When is the show please or am I asking the obvious ...........dont tell me it's advertised on here somewhere ? (lol)

Hi Michelle, it's next weekend, Friday 12th to Sunday 14th Jan, and No MMM do not advertise it...long saga, I think, but same as the September show which they will not cover. I guess that's because it's tun by a competitor....!

For full details try Stone Leisure website.

Keith,

It's advertised on page 33 of Jan MMM. Another urban myth laid to rest. I don't know where they all come from. 8-)

The September show is on the same page.

Don

DOn - point taken, I hadn't looked at the 'listings', but was thinking more of an advert. I seem to remember that MMM in the past wouldn't run adverts for this show.

Fred Grant - don't think this forum needs your rude and objectionable comments. My reply was made in good faith., but we all get things wrong sometimes.

DOn - point taken, I hadn't looked at the 'listings', but was thinking more of an advert. I seem to remember that MMM in the past wouldn't run adverts for this show.

Fred Grant - don't think this forum needs your rude and objectionable comments. My reply was made in good faith., but we all get things wrong sometimes.

Henry,

One other point about the show- it does get very crowded as most of the stands are in the buildings. We generally leave the dogs in the van and have a browse for a couple of hours. People do take their dogs in but it can`t be much fun for them!!

Simon.

din mean to be objectionable keith, whatever that do mean.

but you're there running down our favourite magazine and its darned obvious that you aint even read it.

i'm goin to the show, which is why i noticed that there's a write-up for it. i can't find an advert, but i think thay'd have to pay for one of they.

fred

I may open a can of worms here, but, I really dislike people who take dogs round shows like this. Among the the more obvious reasons are these....

I am constantly tripping over the leads of dogs who decide to go a different route from their owners.

I do not really enjoy having my crotch sniffed whilst looking on stalls.( Not by a Labrador anyway)

Invariably there will be some dogs who do not get on, so the inevitable scrap will occur.

Dogs cocking their leg and peeing against anything that is still, including people.

Getting snapped at by (usually) horrible little lap dogs as you walk past them. And then getting abuse from the owner when you kick out at them to get them away from you.

This isn't an attack against anyone in particular, it's just my opinion. Just as those of you who take dogs to shows are of the opinion that you have the right to do so.

For me, there is no logical reason for walking round a showground with the dog in tow, surely they can be left in your vehicle for a short while, if not then you should consider using boarding kennels for the weekend.

euroanchor

I agree to some extent ... and I have dogs! We don't usally take them round the stalls as, apart from anything else, it makes it difficult to look at stalls and vans especially - we would never dream of taking them into vans at a show but I know some people do, they would also get very bored and/or tired if they were traipsed around. We only tend to take them round for a short trot to let them say 'hello' to some friendly people if they've been couped up for a few hours, if possible we much prefer to let them have a good romp around safely on a field or somewhere nearby, must nicer for them. One of our dogs is a bit shy of people so taking her around and having people say hello to her is good for her and as she's such a pretty thing she gets a lot of fussing!

The problems with 'dogs' is their owners most of the time, some just assume that they can let their dogs do whatever they want and pay no heed to any problems or mayhem they may cause and won't be taken to task when then do. I can't abide some of these snappy little dogs and I don't know why people accept that sort of behaviour, after all if it was a larger dog it certainly wouldn't be tolerated so why should it just because the pooch is small? They can still do quite a bit of damage to someone or other dogs.

The other thing I can't stand is these 'handbag' dogs, you know the ones, where people carry them around all the time in their arms like a muff, before anyone complains I know that sometimes the dogs have medical conditions which means that they can't be left in the 'van or can't walk very well (we've had to resort to a modified baby-buggy before today for a couple of our dogs) but I suggest that this is not the case most of the time.

I appreciate that you may not liked to be sniffed ... we have a cross greyhound and this is one of her particular traits, and by heck it don't half make you jump if you don't know she's around! *-)

Now, just to take this on to the next step ... I think kids should all be banned from shows!!!! ;-)

Mel B - 2007-01-05 10:48 PM

Now, just to take this on to the next step ... I think kids should all be banned from shows!!!! ;-)

And supermarkets, and, and,

well just about anywhere realy, UNLESS they are under control.

With apologies to those who know how to behave.

Or should this have been posted in Chatterbox "what things annoys you"

The Grumpy Old Man

Flicka

Dave Newell - 2007-01-06 8:45 AM

Kids should just be banned! >:-) >:-)

D.

Why is it that whenever we travel, whether by plane, train or bus, and so often if we eat in a restaurant, we seem to end up with badly behaved kids next to us......! That's in the UK - whereas on the continent, Kids generally seem far better behaved - or perhaps it's the parents know how to control them....!

Mel B - 2007-01-06 8:22 PM

flicka - 2007-01-05 11:12 PM

Or should this have been posted in Chatterbox "what things annoys you"

The Grumpy Old Man

Flicka

Maybe Grumpy Old Men should be banned as well!!! *-)

Ah, solitude, peace & quiet at last.

No Kids, no GOM's, it won't leave much company for the few that are left.

Flicka

Yes but no!

I have visited this show quite often and dogs are allowed I am sure, but please don't take them in it gets very crowded and dogs and small kids get in the way.

Hope you have a good show and may see you there.

Paul a worms member

PS if you leave your dog in the van it is only a short walk to the car park and you are allowed in and out as many times as you like at no extra cost

Archived