Candlelit vigil

antony1969

Bulletguy - 2017-06-19 7:26 PM

Barryd999 - 2017-06-19 5:50 PM

antony1969 - 2017-06-19 1:35 PM

Barryd999 - 2017-06-19 1:17 PM

antony1969 - 2017-06-19 10:32 AM

Barryd999 - 2017-06-19 10:10 AM

Its not a "revenge" attack its another terrorist attack. As simple as that. Revenge would imply that those people mowed down have done something wrong.

Plenty of coverage on youtube including this interview with the guy that apparently apprehended the driver.

if its true sounds like it took a while for the emergency services to respond.

Lets hope that as with the other recent terrorist attacks it drives people together not apart.

If the fella himself says it's in revenge for umpteen Muslim attacks then revenge it is Barry in his eyes .... Just like those who carry out the many attacks are doing it for Islam , may hot be an Islam you want to accept but that's why they do it

Hang on a minute. In past debates the opinion (including yours I think but I stand to be corrected) was that the Islamist terror attacks were nothing to do with revenge but simply because they hate us so much because we are not Muslims. Cant have it both ways.

It is a Terrorist attack.

I don't want it both ways ... if last nights attack was not revenge then what was it for Christian slaughter of non-believers of Christianity I presume ? .... Regarding the many Muslim attacks IMO the main reason for those slaughters is that we ( maybe you are ) are not believers of Islam and therefore we are worse than vermin to them .... If the Muslim murders are carried out like you say in revenge then why have countries who've had no part in wars been targets ?

I Think we are getting hung up on terminology. The Moron that did it might think its a revenge attack but as far as anyone else is concerned its another terrorist attack and nothing more. As far as we know nobody mowed down has done anything wrong. The bloke is clearly as bonkers as the idiots that carried out the attacks in Manchester and London.

I never said Muslim murders are carried out in Revenge but according to the ISIS handbook which I have read it is part of the reason but your right, they just hate everyone. The word Hate features a lot in their literature.

Which could be interpreted as "dislike" or "prejudice of" which is Islamophobia, Homophobia etc etc.....phobia being "an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to". It eventually turns to hatred burning within the mind.

As cranky and slightly wacko George Galloway maybe i listened to an interview with him on the radio some years back during which he said the following; "terrorism is a state of mind which feeds off hatred.......you cannot ever stop terrorism with bombs and bullets. You need to get inside the mindset of the terrorist to find what makes them hate."

Whilst Islamophobes are not terrorists......you can apply Galloways theory and ask what it is they fear and why they are filled with so much hatred....and i'm not talking about IS terrorists, i'm talking about people who hate or dislike Muslims per se. People with this 'irrational fear' or 'aversion' have got to learn to separate IS terrorism from Muslims as a whole.

Mmmm George Galloway friend to Hamas and Hezbollah ... Didn't he receive a Palestinian passport ??? ... Buddy of Sadam Hussein too if I remember correctly ... He's loved in Bradford of course especially the Muslims who loved it when he pronounced Bradford as an "Israeli free zone" ... Nice man

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2017-06-19 7:28 PM

Wonder which Church he attended and which radical preaching Priest twisted his mind ... Did anyone hear him shouting Jesus Is Great while driving over them Muslims.

Not all terrorists go to Church. And yes, it is officially being treated by Police as a terrorist incident.

Also your attempt at humour within a thread such as this is doing little to convince other readers that you are not Islamophobic either. From previous postings i personally believe you are. Your dislike of/aversion to Muslims is all too apparent and other posters have noted the same.

antony1969 - 2017-06-19 7:36 PM

Mmmm George Galloway friend to Hamas and Hezbollah ... Didn't he receive a Palestinian passport ??? ... Buddy of Sadam Hussein too if I remember correctly ... He's loved in Bradford of course especially the Muslims who loved it when he pronounced Bradford as an "Israeli free zone" ... Nice man

Mmmm Margaret Thatcher bosom pal and "terrorist sympathiser" to Pinochet....fascist dictator and mass murderer whose military forces tortured thousands many of which remain "disappeared" to this day.

Mud sling all you like Antony......as long as you remember it has a nasty habit of coming back to bite you.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/tories-have-forgotten-that-thatcher-wasnt-just-a-terrorist-sympathiser-but-close-friends-with-one-10507850.html

Bulletguy - 2017-06-19 8:27 PM

antony1969 - 2017-06-19 7:28 PM

Wonder which Church he attended and which radical preaching Priest twisted his mind ... Did anyone hear him shouting Jesus Is Great while driving over them Muslims.

Not all terrorists go to Church. And yes, it is officially being treated by Police as a terrorist incident.

Also your attempt at humour within a thread such as this is doing little to convince other readers that you are not Islamophobic either. From previous postings i personally believe you are. Your dislike of/aversion to Muslims is all too apparent and other posters have noted the same.

antony1969 - 2017-06-19 7:36 PM

Mmmm Margaret Thatcher bosom pal and "terrorist sympathiser" to Pinochet....fascist dictator and mass murderer whose military forces tortured thousands many of which remain "disappeared" to this day.

Mud sling all you like Antony......as long as you remember it has a nasty habit of coming back to bite you.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/tories-have-forgotten-that-thatcher-wasnt-just-a-terrorist-sympathiser-but-close-friends-with-one-10507850.html

But I'm not using Mrs Thatcher to try to prove a point Bullet so once again its a big fail from you ... Regarding what you or others think of me on here I'm not going to lose any sleep over it fella ... You on the other hand obviously do as you threatened legal proceedings did you not when ya didn't like the term Muslim peado apologist banded about ... Touchy touchy

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-06-19 9:00 AM

antony1969 - 2017-06-19 6:38 AM

Candlelit vigil at Finsbury Mosque tonight probably ... Remember we are all stronger together ... Matter of time wasn't it

What are you trying to say Antony –that we are “Stronger/better apart”? That displays of joint dismay and horror at gratuitous acts of violence in candlelit vigils are unhelpful?

Veronica *-)

Dunno what difference lighting a few candles, and the happy clappy clan holding another vigil is going to make? :-| .......

It's the new reality Veronica, the one the PC brigade have tried to pretend wasn't happening *-) .......

pelmetman - 2017-06-19 10:25 PM

Candlelit vigil at Finsbury Mosque tonight probably ... Remember we are all stronger together ... Matter of time wasn't it

What are you trying to say Antony –that we are “Stronger/better apart”? That displays of joint dismay and horror at gratuitous acts of violence in candlelit vigils are unhelpful?

Veronica *-)

Dunno what difference lighting a few candles, and the happy clappy clan holding another vigil is going to make? :-| .......

It's the new reality Veronica, the one the PC brigade have tried to pretend wasn't happening *-) .......

So you dont support people being united from all faiths and refusing to be divided by evil nutcases? What should they do then? Maybe the Mail will lead tomorrow with a suggestion that all white people denounce this bloke as not being like the rest of us.

Yes there is going to be the odd nutcase like him but generally these attacks have brought people together more or at least thats how it appears. Isnt that very British? I think it is. I think we should be proud of the way people have reacted in the main to the events of the past few weeks.

Bulletguy - 2017-06-19 6:56 PM

antony1969 - 2017-06-19 11:32 AM

Bulletguy - 2017-06-19 10:53 AM

It says in this report the van driver "will also be subject of a mental health assessment in due course."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/van-pedestrians-hit-run-over-casualties-latest-police-finsbury-park-mosque-muslims-seven-sisters-a7796551.html

Also, Witness Hussain Ali, 28, said that, while being restrained, the man was protected by the people he is thought to have been targeting. 'People were hitting [the attacker] and the Imam came out to tell them not to and to call the police.'

He said: “The leader of the mosque said: ‘You do not touch him’. He was sitting and holding him like that, people kept holding him. “There was a man in a wheelchair, a man underneath the van, it was hell. People who were inside saw the attacker was smiling, he was waving, he was happy."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2017/jun/19/north-london-van-incident-finsbury-park-casualties-collides-pedestrians-live-updates

Isn't telling them to stop beating him up and call the police the normal thing to do ? After all he may have mental health issues.

The authorities have had their checker chart out.

His name is Darren Osbourne, 47 year old father of four from Wales.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/19/finsbury-park-suspect-named-as-father-of-four-darren-osborne-6720145/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2017/jun/19/north-london-van-incident-finsbury-park-casualties-collides-pedestrians-live-updates

I know its not a laughing matter but this quote from your first link is really funny.

"Another neighbour said: ‘He had lived on the estate for a few years. He’s always been a complete c*** but this is really surprising."

Barryd999 - 2017-06-19 11:12 PM

Veronica *-)

So you dont support people being united from all faiths and refusing to be divided by evil nutcases? What should they do then? Maybe the Mail will lead tomorrow with a suggestion that all white people denounce this bloke as not being like the rest of us.

Yes there is going to be the odd nutcase like him but generally these attacks have brought people together more or at least thats how it appears. Isnt that very British? I think it is. I think we should be proud of the way people have reacted in the main to the events of the past few weeks.

Ye thats right were altogether aren't we , not more divided than ever ... Black and white , Muslim and Christian , Muslim and everyone else , Sunni and Shia , the young and the old , the rich and the poor , the right and the left , remain or leave ... Its all one big cosy wishy washy coffee coloured country your right ... A few candles and prayers and a kids concert won't cover the cracks for long ... Welcome to Barry world , if you've ever seen Teletubbies its a bit like that ... Dipsy , Lala

Barryd999 - 2017-06-19 11:14 PM

Bulletguy - 2017-06-19 6:56 PM

antony1969 - 2017-06-19 11:32 AM

Bulletguy - 2017-06-19 10:53 AM

It says in this report the van driver "will also be subject of a mental health assessment in due course."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/van-pedestrians-hit-run-over-casualties-latest-police-finsbury-park-mosque-muslims-seven-sisters-a7796551.html

Also, Witness Hussain Ali, 28, said that, while being restrained, the man was protected by the people he is thought to have been targeting. 'People were hitting [the attacker] and the Imam came out to tell them not to and to call the police.'

He said: “The leader of the mosque said: ‘You do not touch him’. He was sitting and holding him like that, people kept holding him. “There was a man in a wheelchair, a man underneath the van, it was hell. People who were inside saw the attacker was smiling, he was waving, he was happy."

Isn't telling them to stop beating him up and call the police the normal thing to do ? After all he may have mental health issues.

The authorities have had their checker chart out.

His name is Darren Osbourne, 47 year old father of four from Wales.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/19/finsbury-park-suspect-named-as-father-of-four-darren-osborne-6720145/

I know its not a laughing matter but this quote from your first link is really funny.

"Another neighbour said: ‘He had lived on the estate for a few years. He’s always been a complete c*** but this is really surprising."

Somethings made that "complete c???" do what he's done and its not reading the Daily Mail ... He'll be the first of many ... What a mess ... Thousands of Muslims willing to kill us , far right nut jobs willing to kill Muslims and the rise of the hard , violent left ... Oh dear

antony1969 - 2017-06-19 8:45 PM

But I'm not using Mrs Thatcher to try to prove a point Bullet so once again its a big fail from you ...

No you just blindly linked Galloway to terrorism so I pointed out the well known fact that Thatcher was too....but you prefer to ignore that and pretend it never took place. And for the record i've never threatened anyone with legal action so i'd be very careful about making unfounded allegations. There are t&c's for the forum which you can read for yourself.

Bulletguy - 2017-06-20 8:50 AM

But I'm not using Mrs Thatcher to try to prove a point Bullet so once again its a big fail from you ...

No you just blindly linked Galloway to terrorism so I pointed out the well known fact that Thatcher was too....but you prefer to ignore that and pretend it never took place. And for the record i've never threatened anyone with legal action so i'd be very careful about making unfounded allegations. There are t&c's for the forum which you can read for yourself.

Those terms and conditions don't stop you calling folk Nazis or Islamaphobes do they and yes you did spit you dummy out and issue threats ... Your Mrs Thatcher gig is still a fail ... You happily bigged up and gushed over anti-Semite George Galloway so I don't really know why you tried defending your admiration for such a man with an attack on Mrs Thatcher .... Anti-Semitic views are for the gutter and the Labour Party

antony1969 - 2017-06-20 9:48 AM

Bulletguy - 2017-06-20 8:50 AM

Those terms and conditions don't stop you calling folk Nazis or Islamaphobes do they and yes you did spit you dummy out and issue threats ...

Nazism is a historical ideology which we all know how it ended. There are still people who openly support by way of neo-Nazism.....i've met some myself......not very nice people. Perhaps you may like them though they would not accept you as you are foreign. German people are well aware of their existence but do not share their views at all. Far right extremism falls into many fractured groups from fascism to white supremacists but all including neo-nazis share one thing in common.....hatred and racial discrimination.against all non-white. Some views i've read on threads have reflected that, just as Islamophobia does so it is perfectly natural that person will fall within one or another category. I don't view a Tory voter/supporter as such as few are extreme right, just as a Labour voter/supporter will be left wing.....doesn't make them extremists.

Accusing a poster of being a Muslim paedophile apologist is quite another matter (i know you didn't) and also a very serious allegation to make.which is in direct contravention of Warners' Terms of Use Policy 15.4.1; 15.4.5 and 15.4.11.

That's all i have to say on that matter and if you wish to debate it further, take it up with Warners, not me.

Regards Galloway, i was never defending him as i'm quite sure he's capable of doing that himself. I merely quoted a comment he'd made during a radio interview but you've attempted, very poorly i might add, to use it to shoehorn your own political agenda in preference to acknowledging a valid point.......unless you believe "bombs and bullets" are the answer? You are quite content with Thatchers known close relationship with mass murderer, torturer, Pinochet then? The only "fail" Antony is your point blank refusal to accept it ever existed.

I resent the modern way of labelling people as somethingphobic, as a way of decrying a viewpoint which might be perfectly arguable.

For I example you have to avoid even indirectly discriminating or inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion or sexual orientation these days, but why can't someone assert that multiculturalism (i.e. the trend away from the native cutlture in our Country) is a bad thing (which will seriously damage our society sooner or later etc etc) without being accused of religious or racial bias?

The problem has been of course that our native culture (or rather cultures because there's always the Welsh, Scots and even the Cornish to consider, let alone blooming Yorkshiremen) was historically associated with success (and a certain aount of exploitation of others on the way) while more down-trodden cultures haven't been so in the modern context they deserve respect.  Increasingly during my lifetime we've not been allowed to assert that other cultures are in any way inferior or unworthy, even if there has been evidence of association with unsavouriness or even crookery, which in some cases clearly there has been.

And of course things like slavery couldn't have worked at all without tribal leaders in Africa being willing to round up and accept payment for delivering black people of other tribes - and perhaps even of their own too.  But nevertheless all we white people, merely the children of children or children of white people of England, still seem to get all the credit for slavery because some of our ancestors (or rather the ancesters of a select few of our racial group, like previous Dukes of Devonshire) made a lot of money out of it.

But I'm fed up of being typecast as a villain simply because of my caucasian racial type and I want to be free to disespouse multiculturalism if I want to.  So there!

(And I want to be free to espouse national socialism and hetersexuality if I want to as well, without everyone jumping to the conclusion that I want to make racial distinctions or take up violence or be fearful of homosexuals, which I'm not.)

Guest pelmetman

Veronica *-)

So you dont support people being united from all faiths and refusing to be divided by evil nutcases? What should they do then? .

If it makes you feel better to sit in a wigwam hold hands and sing happy clappy songs, then fill yer boots ;-) ........

Its going to make bog all difference to the jihadists or our homegrown nutters :-| .......

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-06-20 4:00 PM

Nazism is a historical ideology which we all know how it ended. l

Yep.......With Germany in charge of Europe 8-) .........

StuartO - 2017-06-20 4:36 PM

I resent the modern way of labelling people as something phobic, as a way of decrying a viewpoint which might be perfectly arguable.

For I example you have to avoid even indirectly discriminating or inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion or sexual orientation these days, but why can't someone assert that multiculturalism (i.e. the trend away from the native culture in our Country) is a bad thing (which will seriously damage our society sooner or later etc etc) without being accused of religious or racial bias?

But I'm fed up of being typecast as a villain simply because of my caucasian racial type and I want to be free to disespouse multiculturalism if I want to. So there!

(And I want to be free to espouse national socialism and hetersexuality if I want to as well, without everyone jumping to the conclusion that I want to make racial distinctions or take up violence or be fearful of homosexuals, which I'm not.)

A phobia or being whatever phobic about something is hardly "modern" Stuart! For example i have a phobia (dislike) of house spiders....Arachnophobia.....not garden or small outdoor ones, just the indoor type. As for multiculturalism being "the trend away from our native culture", i'm not sure how you draw that conclusion. UK has long been a multicultural society but each have their own cultures and you mentioned Welsh, Scots, Cornish etc.......what about Lancashire (as you use the red rose) and their clog wearing Morris dancers which go back to the Industrial Revolution?

Eee bah gum lad ahm surprised at thee! But the list is endless really.

Inciting simply means encouraging.....stirring up....or inflame. The likes of Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (aka Tommy Robinson), Paul Golding, Anjem Choudary etc specialise in that department.

The only way you could "disespouse multiculturalism" would be to move to a country which has no multiculture.

Bulletguy - 2017-06-20 6:52 PM

StuartO - 2017-06-20 4:36 PM

I resent the modern way of labelling people as something phobic, as a way of decrying a viewpoint which might be perfectly arguable.

For I example you have to avoid even indirectly discriminating or inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion or sexual orientation these days, but why can't someone assert that multiculturalism (i.e. the trend away from the native culture in our Country) is a bad thing (which will seriously damage our society sooner or later etc etc) without being accused of religious or racial bias?

But I'm fed up of being typecast as a villain simply because of my caucasian racial type and I want to be free to disespouse multiculturalism if I want to. So there!

A phobia or being whatever phobic about something is hardly "modern" Stuart! For example i have a phobia (dislike) of house spiders....Arachnophobia.....not garden or small outdoor ones, just the indoor type. As for multiculturalism being "the trend away from our native culture", i'm not sure how you draw that conclusion. UK has long been a multicultural society but each have their own cultures and you mentioned Welsh, Scots, Cornish etc.......what about Lancashire (as you use the red rose) and their clog wearing Morris dancers which go back to the Industrial Revolution?

Eee bah gum lad ahm surprised at thee! But the list is endless really.

Inciting simply means encouraging.....stirring up....or inflame. The likes of Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (aka Tommy Robinson), Paul Golding, Anjem Choudary etc specialise in that department.

The only way you could "disespouse multiculturalism" would be to move to a country which has no multiculture.

See the fella that rammed into them Muslims is an immigrant himself ... An Asian Immigrant 8-)

Heres the list for the Ramadan chart run down of terror this year ... http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/06/07/ramadan-rage-2017-complete-list-jihadist-attacks-around-world/ ... But Tommy Robinson's the one with the problem ... Doh !

pelmetman - 2017-06-20 6:37 PM

Bulletguy - 2017-06-20 4:00 PM

Nazism is a historical ideology which we all know how it ended. l

Yep.......With Germany in charge of Europe 8-) .........

No. Nazism and a demagogue tore Germany apart and after the war Russia controlled Eastern Germany splitting East from West until 1989. During the war, captured Red Army soldiers were among the most cruelly treated in concentration camps (Buchenwald has a memorial to them), so post war they did the same to German people.

There were Nazis........and there were Germans. There was and still is a distinct difference.

antony1969 - 2017-06-20 7:05 PM

See the fella that rammed into them Muslims is an immigrant himself ... An Asian Immigrant 8-)

Born in Singapore but grew up in Weston-Super-Mare where he lived most of his life then moved to Cardiff several years ago.

My cousins daughter was born in Uganda, but lived most of her adult life here. I don't view her as "an immigrant".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/darren-osborne-everything-know-finsbury-park-mosque-suspect/

Bulletguy - 2017-06-20 7:24 PM

Born in Singapore but grew up in Weston-Super-Mare where he lived most of his life then moved to Cardiff several years ago.

My cousins daughter was born in Uganda, but lived most of her adult life here. I don't view her as "an immigrant".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/darren-osborne-everything-know-finsbury-park-mosque-suspect/

Calm down it was a joke Bullet ... I don't think you'd view anyone as an immigrant ... Heres some immigrants expressing how grateful they are to live in the free world ...

... https://twitter.com/maturefinancier/status/876692582155399169

antony1969 - 2017-06-20 7:36 PM

Calm down it was a joke Bullet ... I don't think you'd view anyone as an immigrant.

Errm.....yeah. Batty Boris was born in New York so he's one of yer immigrants too!

Bulletguy - 2017-06-20 7:46 PM

Calm down it was a joke Bullet ... I don't think you'd view anyone as an immigrant.

Errm.....yeah. Batty Boris was born in New York so he's one of yer immigrants too!

Nah ... Boris Becker born in Germany surely and its not a bat its a tennis racket ... Dope !

antony1969 - 2017-06-20 7:52 PM

Bulletguy - 2017-06-20 7:46 PM

Nah ... Boris Becker born in Germany surely and its not a bat its a tennis racket ... Dope !

This Boris........whose still scratching his head over how to make good on an empty promise. *-)

Baffled.thumb.jpg.dfbecea1d622de9a7fd3cc28c6af6153.jpg

pelmetman - 2017-06-20 6:29 PM

Veronica *-)

So you dont support people being united from all faiths and refusing to be divided by evil nutcases? What should they do then? .

If it makes you feel better to sit in a wigwam hold hands and sing happy clappy songs, then fill yer boots ;-) ........

Its going to make bog all difference to the jihadists or our homegrown nutters :-| .......

You didnt answer the question though. What should they do? (The people).

All we had for ages was people saying "oh the Muslms do not speak out against terrorists or show unity etc" and now they are (well they always were but now the media have decided to show it as they have little choice) and you dont like that either it seems.

Antony thinks Im in La La land or summut but its undeniable that this country has shown great unity against these recent attacks so why are we not all supporting that and pleased about it?

These extremists of all creeds and colours have no place here and its only by the large majority showing unity and working together that we will whittle them out. Im talking about all extremists as well. I learned today that one in three Terrorists suspects are indeed white. Some of the stuff I have seen on Twitter posted on here and elsewhere by these bitter little monsters are just as threatening and worrying as Muslims spouting support for ISIS. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/one-three-terror-suspects-white-amid-rise-far-right-extremism-nazi-a7623931.html

Its only by standing together and working and outing these people across the board that we will give them nowhere to hide and fester away with their hate and bile where eventually some will go on to drive vans into innocent people or worse.

Ok a concert spreading messages of love or a candle lit vigil may seem "happy clappy" if you like to you (thats pretty offensive by the way) but lets here what your suggestions are if you dont want to spread messages of love and unity.

Archived