Which French Atlas? Mitchelin or AA?

kevandali

Since 2001 we have used the Michelin 1:200,000 maps (1 inch to 3.16 miles) excellent and full of tourist type information, such as places of interest.

Edit: should have said that the ones we use are the A3 size and ring bound.

I would go for Michelin large scale atlas,having said that we bought one from a Frenche supermarche the last time we were there visiting my daughter who was working there.bought one from a French hyper marche when visiting my daughter who worked there. It was based on IGN mapping,the nearest to our OS,it cost 14Euros and is spral bound and also included town plans and speed trap locations, Also attached are stickers to mark pages and locations.

I know Michelin have a good reputation etc but i've always found them too fussy and cluttered. I prefer AA and where possible buy the soft cover 'foldable' of each country and a spiral bound for Europe. It's what best suits you and your vision rather than what other people buy.

Bulletguy - 2017-07-14 12:12 PM

I know Michelin have a good reputation etc but i've always found them too fussy and cluttered.

We would agree with this opinion. My wife especially dislikes the Michelin maps. We prefer the AA atlases. We buy the spiral bound version and find that they usually last about 4 or 5 years before starting to fall apart from use.

Cattwg :-D

Archived