Unidentified cable

aandy

An electrical cable has recently appeared just above the accelerator pedal on my 2013 2.3 Ducato. It comprises three thin cables, black, red/black, and white/black terminating in a four-way plastic socket about 1/4 inch square. The cables are wrapped in what appears to be fabric insulating tape. The only thing that doesn't work is the cigarette lighter socket, but I don't believe that is what it is for as the cables are far too thin. I've looked behind the panel that covers the fuses, but I can't see anything there that it might connect to. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks chaps. No alarm. An unfitted extra was my guess too, but wondered if anyone had a definitive answer. As I said initially, everything works so, whatever it is, its obviously not a problem.

Andy

Hello,

There is a blank on most vehicles on the panel where your dash display mode button is and the headlamp levelling buttons. This is where the control for a rear compartment fan would go if it was fitted. The four pin plug is included on all looms for this control and therefore everyone has one.

N

Archived