ADAC Renewal

Wee did our renewal in May through our Nationwide Bank online. Cost was £9 and the renewal worked out at £94.63. It was done via a SEPA payment.

You pay it to ADAC Banke Munich, IBAN Number is DE19 7005 0000 0004 055830, BIC BYLADEMM at the Bavarian State Bank, Munich. Put the reference as your Membership Number. You won't get a new card the old one just carries on, as long as your Bank accepts the payment you are covered. I did ring them to see why I hadn't got new cards but they explained that the cards you already have are valid.

I found a program for my iPad that is called Scan and Translate, you use the camera in the tablet to scan and then you ask it to translate to English, its free and was very helpful.

Hope that helps.

Randonneur - 2017-08-04 6:55 PM

I found a program for my iPad that is called Scan and Translate, you use the camera in the tablet to scan and then you ask it to translate to English, its free and was very helpful.

Great tip Sylvia, thanks very much. I'll download it ;-)

You can also use Google's Translate app which works very well too https://petapixel.com/2015/01/14/googles-translate-app-can-now-use-camera-translate-world-real-time/ The Google translate app and especially Google Chrome have been invaluable since retiring to Germany.

Take care.

Hi

The demand from AdAC has a fax number. I send a fax with my credit card details and authorise them to debit my card the specific amount.

My local business stationery shop has a fax machine and send for about a pound. I have been doing this for about 8 years albeit I am not renewing this year cos I have other cover with my insurer ( I only went to adac cos they covered Morocco and Non European Turkey and I doubt I will return there in my motorhome)

Peter

Archived