Folding Dog Bike Trailer - any suggestions

Tourope

I'm looking to buy a dog bike trailer that I can tow behind my road bike which has a quick release rear 70cm wheel. It also needs to fold flat for transit and be fairly light. The dog is medium sized. I've looked on eBay and other online sites and there are a variety of options and all bar one, that I've seen, neglect to show the carrier in its folded position, although some do give dimensions. Also many say it will connect to a 26" wheel, which is smaller than my road bike wheel. And some do say it won't work with a quick release wheel.

So anyone out there with similar requirements found one that does the job?

It has a coupling which is clamped onto the bike axle by the QR skewer (or wheel nut) and can remain in place on the bike. The trailer then couples to this unit.

The wheels on the trailer are "sort of" quick release and can be laid flat on the folded trailer making a package about 2ft square 8 inch deep. Mine the fits into a bag from "Bags For Everything"

Hope this helps.

Mike P

Hi

We purchased a Doggyride second hand on eBay 2 years ago for our old Labrador.

It's a little bulky even with wheels off however I have a two large plastic bags ( plastic bike bags from wiggle) iwhich I slide under our Moho when we stop. I can't easily get to it to measure at the moment as it's buried under other gear.

It has a quick release which fits on to my back wheels quick release skewer. I use with a mountain bike cos with a 20kg Labrador it's can be tough up steep hills so I need the gears. Also the mountain bike is tough whilst my road road bike is light weight and I would be concerned about the stresses. I cannot see the the wheel size is a problem. I had a mountain bike with 27inch wheels before I changed to current bike.

747 - 2017-08-07 1:23 PM

I have just ordered a Doggyhut trailer from ebay in Germany. Ours will be pushed not towed. We came across one at a C&CC THS recently and the owners were pleased with it. It is a 'medium' size and can hold their two Border Terriers.

Here is a link to the website.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/TIGGO-WORLD?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

These are also available on eBay UK along with dog jogging pushchairs although I'm not sure why a dog would go jogging in a pushchair. :-D

crocs - 2017-08-09 10:45 AM

These are also available on eBay UK along with dog jogging pushchairs although I'm not sure why a dog would go jogging in a pushchair. :-D

Maybe handy for a folding dog that might have trouble walking in a straight line?

crocs - 2017-08-09 10:45 AM

747 - 2017-08-07 1:23 PM

I have just ordered a Doggyhut trailer from ebay in Germany. Ours will be pushed not towed. We came across one at a C&CC THS recently and the owners were pleased with it. It is a 'medium' size and can hold their two Border Terriers.

Here is a link to the website.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/TIGGO-WORLD?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Are you sure you are not getting confused and looking at dogging on t'internet. 8-)

The ebay UK prices were much higher than German ebay. Ripoff Britain springs to mind. *-)

Archived