Britanny Ferries to Spain

Mike B.

Just been on line to 'Manage my Booking' and unbelievably the ferry to Bilbao 7th Jan has sold out-even though booking only opened end of July!

Is there a reason for this? It surprised me as I've never come across it before-are more people going now? Are there newcomers to Motorhoming spending their Pension pots? Are more people taking this route rather than across France?

Is anyone booked on it? We are so if you would like to say Hello we would be happy to have a beer & a natter!

Mike

Mike B. - 2017-08-07 9:08 PM

Just been on line to 'Manage my Booking' and unbelievably the ferry to Bilbao 7th Jan has sold out-even though booking only opened end of July!

Is there a reason for this?

It surprised me as I've never come across it before-are more people going now? Are there newcomers to Motorhoming spending their Pension pots? Are more people taking this route rather than across France?

Mike

They are not just motorhomers.

My guess is that a lot of Brits with villas in Spain are going for their last winter fling before becoming aliens after Brexit.

;-)

It may just be , that the amount of room allocated to large vehicles, may be full. may still be spaces for cars.

Also cabins may be full. (not sure if having a cabin is compulsory ?, on this route) i would not fancy doing the trip without a cabin!! Is the Santander one also full?

PJay

Guest pelmetman

The prebooking system is no longer available.......They just offered a a email service when the winter service became available, not that it made any difference as all the pet cabins were gone >:-( ........

We can get back from Spain via Bilbao at Christmas, but we now have to hike back down from Le Harvre *-) .......

Still better than spending the winter in the UK B-) .......

Archived