Autocruise water pump

weschris

I can fill my motorhome home water tank by using the external pump which has worked fine but on changing to the internal pump on the control panel nothing is happening, I am not getting water to any of the taps. Has any one any ideas as to why please.

What model, what year, is it a submersible pump or in a cupboard dry mounted?

Do you get any noise from the pump, is the 12 v gettting to the pump, have you checked the fuse, are all the other 12 v items working OK?

As the external pump works is there a cut off switch for the internal pump that has not switched to allow power back to the internal pump?

The more info you can provide the more likely someone will be able to advise.

weschris - 2017-08-23 5:22 PM

I can fill my motorhome home water tank by using the external pump which has worked fine but on changing to the internal pump on the control panel nothing is happening, I am not getting water to any of the taps. Has any one any ideas as to why please.

Obvious but have you turned the taps back on.

i don't know the mhome but I assume the external pump is part of a combined plug system rather than plugin pump run of a 12v supply.

I had a similar problem with a caravan many years ago, the switch contacts had broken inside the switch, or rather appeared to have burnt out. It seemed the external pump pulled more power and there was spark erosion of the switch.

Rgds

weschris - 2017-08-24 12:29 AM

It is a 2005 Autocruise Stardream. The pump is a posiflo 3000 which is under the bench. Other 12v items are working ok. There is no noise from the pump, fuse is fine. The taps are turned on.

I assume your Stardream’s water system used to function OK when you selected the internal pump?

If so, I suggest you check that the water-pump actually works when 12V power is supplied to it.

The Posiflo 3000 was mentioned here

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Water-Pump/35842/

and I’m guessing that yours would have been factory-fitted to your Stardream and, consequently, will be 12 years old now. Even though all other 12V items are functioning and all the fuses are OK, if the (ominously silent) pump has now ‘died’ you won’t get any water from the taps.

weschris - 2017-08-24 12:29 AM

It is a 2005 Autocruise Stardream. The pump is a posiflo 3000 which is under the bench. Other 12v items are working ok. There is no noise from the pump, fuse is fine. The taps are turned on.

When I said are the taps turned on I meant at the control panel, did not make this very clear.

Archived