Globecar rear seats

1ten

Thanks for all the quick helpful advice so far.

When looking at parting with a lot of money for a van it raises a lot of questions.

Can anyone who has a Globecar commment on the comfort of the two rear belted seats?

Our Two daughters are currently used to very long journeys in our VW T5 which has a full wildlife Caravelle seat (like traveling in a car) and having looked at the Globecar I am worried that the rear seats look very uncomfortable. In fact all the motor home rear seats do, has anyone got an real life experiences?

The rear seats in most vans will not be as comfortable as a car. They are not shaped , and will be narrower than the back seat of a car, with only 1 side.You could get some foam , and make padded cushions maybe?

I have only traveled in the back of our van once, and that was only for a short journey. I agree not as comfortable as the front seats, but your girls will be a lot slimmer than me and my friend who shared the seat, as we where middle aged ladies! Probably best to make shorter trips, (than you would in car) At least it is easy to stop and have a break, even if raining, as you don't have to get out of vehicle

PJay

Gf and myself don't like the seats for traveling, but just done 7 hours with 17 yo and 6 yo, 17 yo was happy with seat 6 yo has booster and spent the last couple of hours asleep. Newer vans I think might have different seats to ours.

I have checked the Aguti seats and they are not an option on the van I am looking at, I will try and find out more.

My kids are great on long journeys, 12 hours to Croatia with out a single moan, I just want to make sure they still travel in comfort. We would soon get annoyed if the drivers seat wasn't good for long journeys so I don't see why passengers should be any different. When we go to the NEC show perhaps we should strap them in one of the show vehicles for a few hours while we look around to see if they are comfy!

We had a look a Globescout at the weekend and the seats were better than I was expecting and as our daughters are 9 & 11 they will have a reasonable amount of space. we had a look at a lot of other vans at the same time both coachbuilt and PVC and none of the passenger seats seem very good, probably on of the things we will miss about our VW T5.

Archived