Where to go for Christmas?

nelwd

After some recommendations as to where to go for Christmas.

I am a teacher so have two weeks off, from Friday 22nd until Monday 8th. We live in the Isle of Man, so will need to get a ferry to Heysham, and then travel from there, so realistically I need to be back at Heysham by lunchtime on Saturday 6th Jan.

I have a 7 year old daughter, and we prefer quiet places without organised entertainment, bars , disco's etc, although quite like a swimming pool. We tend to stay a couple of nights in a place and then move on. Happy to stay in Aires, free spots or campsites.

I was thinking of just pottering around the UK for the fortnight, but given the weather at Christmas am concerned that I could end up with two weeks stuck in the van with wind and rain etc, so am thinking of heading across the channel, probably using the Tunnel. I am happy to travel up to about 500 miles in each direction once I reach Calais.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to where to go?

Thanks

Will

Not sure you can guarantee decent weather at Xmas, unless you travel to southern Spain, which would probably be mainly booked by now! Many French sites close in September . Two weeks not very long , so if you intend to come over to UK , suggest maybe looking on the south coast , to get reasonable weather

Good luck , but do consider booking soon

PJay

Archived