White Kid, Brown Kid Channel 4 10pm tonight

Bulletguy

pelmetman - 2017-09-08 7:47 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-09-07 11:37 PM

Bulletguy - 2017-09-05 2:44 PM

Turned out to be very interesting. Racial divisions up there seem more down to parents than teen youth. That said, both girls (16 years old) came from very respectable families and despite "white girls" parents being divorced, she had regular contact with her father who played a key role in her life and he also appeared in the programme. Both "brown" and "white" girls fathers found they shared a common interest in boxing and the mothers, home cooking.

Both girls liked shopping and makeup (nothing new there then!), although "white girl" (imo) slapped on way too much eye makeup which she didn't really need but i suppose it's a confidence thing at the moment.

Though it got off to a difficult start with more nerves than anything, it ended with both girls saying they wanted to keep in contact and become friends, the mother asking the Asian mother to show her how to cook their foods, and the "white girls" Dad inviting "brown girls" Dad over to his house for a hot tub evening.

"White girls" mum made an interesting comment at the beginning where she said the problem is nobody tries to mix and said, "years ago it was just the same with Protestants and Catholics who wouldn't speak or associate with each other".

I watched it on catch up BG. Wasn’t too impressed TBH. A bit superficial and contrived in my view. The producers chose a white girl who was presented as if her whole life was about painting her face, watching TOWIE and going out partying with her mates and a Muslim girl who was under the very strict control of her parents and couldn’t think for herself. I felt sorry for both of them. The extremes in the manner in which they had been brought up seemed to have prepared each of them badly for life in very different but equally depressing ways.

Veronica

Thank you Veronica for confirming what I thought it would be ;-) ......

Tokenism TV for the PC brigade *-) ........

No doubt that's why it appealed to our resident Muslim apologist :D .........

Do I detect a fellow feminist in you Dave?

Veronica

Turned out to be very interesting. Racial divisions up there seem more down to parents than teen youth. That said, both girls (16 years old) came from very respectable families and despite "white girls" parents being divorced, she had regular contact with her father who played a key role in her life and he also appeared in the programme. Both "brown" and "white" girls fathers found they shared a common interest in boxing and the mothers, home cooking.

Both girls liked shopping and makeup (nothing new there then!), although "white girl" (imo) slapped on way too much eye makeup which she didn't really need but i suppose it's a confidence thing at the moment.

Though it got off to a difficult start with more nerves than anything, it ended with both girls saying they wanted to keep in contact and become friends, the mother asking the Asian mother to show her how to cook their foods, and the "white girls" Dad inviting "brown girls" Dad over to his house for a hot tub evening.

"White girls" mum made an interesting comment at the beginning where she said the problem is nobody tries to mix and said, "years ago it was just the same with Protestants and Catholics who wouldn't speak or associate with each other".

I watched it on catch up BG. Wasn’t too impressed TBH. A bit superficial and contrived in my view. The producers chose a white girl who was presented as if her whole life was about painting her face, watching TOWIE and going out partying with her mates and a Muslim girl who was under the very strict control of her parents and couldn’t think for herself. I felt sorry for both of them. The extremes in the manner in which they had been brought up seemed to have prepared each of them badly for life in very different but equally depressing ways.

Veronica

Fair comment formed by someone who viewed rather than those making speculative assumptions on a programme they've never even seen.

Yes i think she said at the start of the programme she was a TOWIE fan. That didn't mean much to me though as it's something i've only heard of and never viewed so don't know anything about it.

Veronica

If that silly remark is aimed at me, i make no apologies for viewing informative documentaries rather than wasting my life wallowing around in the sewers of xenophobic racial hate and bile you dwell in.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-09-08 11:59 PM

Veronica

If that silly remark is aimed at me, i make no apologies for viewing informative documentaries rather than wasting my life wallowing around in the sewers of xenophobic racial hate and bile you dwell in.

Informative documentaries? 8-) ........

What a PC brain washed muppet you are Bullet *-) ........and to be frank, its folk with your mentality who have allowed Asian peado gangs to operate in the UK for decades :-| ........

Archived