Celebrity 5 Go Motorhoming

John52

Spain still too hot for me but like it in the winter - and continental roads.

The lanes they were going down werre like the potholed farm tracks I have just been through in Cornwall, Scraping both sides of the van on untrimmed hedges, rarely get above 10 mph, someone has to back up when meeeting traffic coming the other way etc. But the speed limit on them is 60mph 8-) - so my Sat Nav quite logically sends me dowbn them because it thinks they are faster than the main road dual carriageway where the speed limit is often less *-)

malc d - 2017-09-07 10:33 AM

John52 - 2017-09-07 8:09 AM

Channel 5 8pm Fridays: http://www.channel5.com/show/celebrity-5-go-motorhoming/

First episode was last Friday, which I missed so have just watched on catch up.

5 celebrities in 2 motorhomes touring South Wales.

Had a quick look.

Very bad advert for ' celebrities '

;-)

I watched it, a bit boring but for once I did know who the "celebrities" were. Maybe an age thing.

Watched it last night. I found it entertaining - More great scenery and some interesting visits and activities. Abandoning their (looked like Marquis top of the range?) motorhomes to sleep in yurts or chalets, or trekking across trhe campsite in nightgown to use the toilet, maybe not such a good advert though? (they were trying to sell tickets (texts) for a raffle to win a week in one)

I thought a good accurate programme showing mostly the down side with lots of rain and very uncomfortable situations and where one male in particular couldn't get away from the tight spaces fast enough. It was noticeable that their parking in small coastal resorts was not shown.

Enough home truths there to put future buyers off for ever!

John52 - 2017-09-09 11:04 AM

Watched it last night. I found it entertaining - More great scenery and some interesting visits and activities. Abandoning their (looked like Marquis top of the range?) motorhomes to sleep in yurts or chalets, or trekking across trhe campsite in nightgown to use the toilet, maybe not such a good advert though? (they were trying to sell tickets (texts) for a raffle to win a week in one)

.. as an afterthought maybe they were encouraged to advertise the campsite facilities yurts and chalets..

It was not a real life representation of a Motorhoming holiday so much as a collection of repartee between the participants.

As soon as someone mentioned turning around in a field I had a fair idea what would happen on a wet sloping field with a front wheel drive motorhome - and it did - bet they won't do that again in a hurry.

All in all not bad entertainment as it was light hearted and good natured, although on balance I think I liked the Jane McDonald Med cruise better as cheerful light hearted entertainment.

Yes the word entertainment is the key here and what the programme makers strive for, it produces the haters and the likers but it was typical of the conditions very often met. It even makes me rather pleased I've left it all behind.

PS. The cruising fails to impress me at all.

Yes agree that Lesley looked very much at ease driving the A Class.

However, surely the "turning round on a field" event must have been a staged stunt for the programme?

Even those seasoned actors wouldn't have done that voluntarily in a vehicle they had had little experience of... or would they?

Just wish we could drive into locations and get parked so easily, perhaps need a film crew with us next time :-D

747 - 2017-09-10 9:21 AM

Next week they are in Scotland. :-D

I would imagine they got the train up there while the damage to the motorhomes was being repaired. :D

They certainly whacked a few sturdy branches on their Welsh travels. :D :D

Are you telling us that they have got enough material to put out two "shows"? ....I don't believe it! :-D

keninpalamos - 2017-09-10 11:33 AM

Are you telling us that they have got enough material to put out two "shows"? ....I don't believe it!

Er no, actually it's scheduled for three shows!

Celebrities eh? A much over used word these days?

It's entertainment, 'but not as we know it Jim', but it has to be better to watch than some of the current crop of alleged comedy shows whose producers should be prosecuted under the trades descriptions act for misleading claims!

Tracker - 2017-09-10 11:39 AM

keninpalamos - 2017-09-10 11:33 AM

Are you telling us that they have got enough material to put out two "shows"? ....I don't believe it!

Er no, actually it's scheduled for three shows!

4 episodes actually according to Ricochet the makers. Episode 3 goes to Scotland and 4 goes to Skye.

paulmold - 2017-09-10 1:16 PM

4 episodes actually according to Ricochet the makers. Episode 3 goes to Scotland and 4 goes to Skye.

OK, but the show trailer said Scotland next time, and as Wales was the first one I saw did I miss one, and IMDB said three?

The mystery of the infamous five deepens!

Tracker - 2017-09-10 1:41 PM

paulmold - 2017-09-10 1:16 PM

OK, but the show trailer said Scotland next time, and as Wales was the first one I saw did I miss one, and IMDB said three?

The mystery of the infamous five deepens!

First episode south wales, second episode north wales. You can watch them free on channel 5 catch up.

Randonneur - 2017-09-09 3:38 PM

The most notably thing for us is how at ease Lesley Joseph was driving a large veicle.

I think Lesley Joseph is great. It can’t be easy to take control of an A Class for the first time. I was quite scared of driving our reasonably short 6.25 metre motorhome when we got it. I wonder if/ and/or why women are more disposed towards being fearful of driving large vehicles. Seems a bit daft really because as drivers most of us have arms, eyes and feet! In my case I was forced by my woeful navigation skills and desire to maintain marital harmony to get behind the wheel. I am ashamed to say I didn’t have the same confidence as my OH at first. I’m glad a got a grip and began to believe there was nothing too complicated about driving a motorhome. Mind you, I do wish the bloomin’ handbrake didn’t travel a full four inches further than my short arms will reach unless I lean 45 degrees from the vertical.

Veronica

Guest pelmetman
tonyg3nwl - 2017-09-12 11:00 PM

Saw first version, but thought it was just a bit of a take off..not very realistic.

I thought it was sponsored by caravan and motorhome club rather than a dealership..

Cant see why they mentioned the yurts etc..

Tonyg3nwl.

https://marquisleisure.co.uk/news-and-info/news/celebrity-5-go-motorhoming

;-) ........

It is an excellent marketing ploy by Marquis as it is bound to draw attention to Benimar vans which I for one knew nothing about. In fact I am thinking about breaking with my usual preference for pvc motorhomes as the Benimar is so incredibly well equipped and designed coupled with virtually no wood construction makes these vehicles in my opinion a contender for those in the market for a coachbuilt/low profile.

My only problem is in persuading my wife to resume motorhoming but that is another story.

Archived