dogs germany

tazdog6007

tazdog6007 - 2017-09-11 5:50 PMfancy a drive to Berlin taking our dogs with us. has anyone done this as i read somewhere that there are restrictions in Germany regarding dogs

We've just spent a month touring Germany, with us was our Rotweiler dog.
Providing your papers / dog passport are current, then no problems 
We had to be a bit more careful due to the breed of dog, and ensure it was always under control. Always make sure your dogs are on a lead and you clear up any mess.
Our crossing was on the Hull / Rotterdam ferry. We had to inform the ferry company we had a dog, and he was put into the ferry kennel for the overnight crossing.
Hope this helps

Dogs are required to be muzzled when on public transport but its not always enforced. we stayed on a campsite 20km outside Berlin and got the bus and train in. On the first bus the driver made us muzzle the dog but on the train in and out and the last bus they didn't bother, other dogs were muzzled, so it's best to carry one just in case.

phalange - 2017-09-12 9:40 AM

Dogs are required to be muzzled when on public transport but its not always enforced. we stayed on a campsite 20km outside Berlin and got the bus and train in. On the first bus the driver made us muzzle the dog but on the train in and out and the last bus they didn't bother, other dogs were muzzled, so it's best to carry one just in case.

My advice would be to muzzle on public transport as a matter of course. It is simple good manners.

crocs - 2017-09-12 12:07 PM

phalange - 2017-09-12 9:40 AM

My advice would be to muzzle on public transport as a matter of course. It is simple good manners.

what a stupid comment *-)

monique.hubrechts@gm - 2017-09-12 4:48 PMDid you visit Rottweil in germany? The area of your original breed. Some restaurants in rottweil have impressive statues inside of them. When i was there they told me they were used to drive cattle to the market. Not to confuse what a border collie can do.

Yes we stopped off in Rotweil, but didn't see any Rotties, but we were approached by a lot of the locals, and they were surprised that we were from England.As I was speaking German in the town.
The butchers used to use the dogs to pull their little delivery carts around the town

Archived