Low voltage

keninpalamos

This problem relates to a 1999 Hymer E700 on a Fiat/AlKo with a Schaudt electoblock EBL 105-2 charger and a new Reich twin submersible water pump and related to a voltage drop between the pump fuse on the EBL 105-2 and voltage arriving at the pump. At the pump I'm getting 11.35 volts and at the fuse 13.7 volts this is while on EHU. Reason for checking and changing to the new spare pump I have is low water presure at all taps and shower head. The water tank is clean and free of lime scale and the whole water system clean and flushed out. Frost valve on the Truma water heater is closed and the Truma pressure relieve is working correctly and no leaks that I can see. Any idea's.

Not specifically, but in general terms, assuming the cable is man enough for the job, low voltage is sometimes caused by a bad earth continuity, a loose or corroded connection or a poor fuse connection or maybe a cable trapped or kinked somewhere - probably out of view?

I would try running a temporary 12 v cable to the pump and see if that helps?

I can't see that it's the cable not being up to the job as it's been doing quite well for 17 years but point taken on connections so I started at the electrobloc end and checked each multi socket and as luck would have it it was the battery multi plug. One of the pin contacts had not clicked or locked into place and had been pushed back out of position so had contact but not locked in place. Anyway cleaned it up with electrical contact/switch cleaner put it all back together and it is much better cheers Rich

I had trouble with it last year but it turned out to a duff pump. I put it down to limescale as the tank was caked in it. Fortunately access is good for cleaning all of it with a stiff brush and wine vinegar and filled the Truma boiler with same and let it soak for a day which improved water heating and flow. Did all the taps and shower head as well. I'm sure it went wrong this time just to annoy me?? Or perhaps it knows it may be up for sale later this year or next year?? Has been a very good 'van

Archived