Park4night

flicka

Has anyone used this website or app.? How useful or appropriate for the UK ?

Thoughts & comments welcomed.

I was introduced to it at the Lincoln show over the weekend but didnt have a strong enough connection to view / download & appears to be a French website but covers many countries.

Parking spots can be viewed for free but subscription also appears to enable adding new locations, comments, photos, etc..

At only €9.99 annual subscription to looks worth a trial.

The park4night website is here

https://www.park4night.com/?langage=en

There are currently 1608 entries for the UK and the product seems to have been active since (at least) 2013

https://www.motorhomefreedom.com/places-to-go/camp-sites/park4night-com-review/

http://forums.motorhomefacts.com/33-wild-camping-spots-mh-friendly-parking/116818-park4night.html

Looks useful and, as access to the data is free, it’s possible for an individual to assess its potential value without first paying to subscribe.

We were told about it while in France this July and downloaded the free app' to my Motorola phone when we got free internet.

Although we didn't use any of the listed sites when venturing into Italy, Switzerland and Germany because we were returning to the French Aires each day, it was reassuring to know that there were there plenty of alternative overnight stopping places shown on the Park4night maps.

Download the free app' on your phone and if it's not useful, delete it.

B-)

Currently in Belgium and been using this a lot in Croatia Austria Slovenia Germany etc. I find it good. Reviews are honest and comments can be translated easily. Haven't used it in UK yet though. Searchforsites seems to be more UK based and is another app. Also camper contact but I didn't download it as it took up quite a bit of space. This year I have used the apps more than my travel books. I think this is the way it's going as they are updated constantly

The advantage of "park4night" appears to be that it also identifies places to stop other than "sites" only.

Although I very rarely wild camp, these locations are often useful for a stopover for a break.

I noticed there are numerous Pub carparks, so similar to some of the Motorcaravan Club Certified Locations & Britstops.

We spent a couple of weeks in The Netherlands and Belgium during August, spending most nights in a different place. Park4Night app, Camperstop app and Campingcar Infos app were all used as they provide different options. The ability to get Google translations of user reviews with Park4Night is a huge advantage.

We spent 4 months touring Europe this year and had many apps and guidebooks etc to help find camp spots and overnighters. Park4night ended up being our favourite as it had some out of the way places that did not show up anywhere else. Actually it was an Italian guy that put us onto it when we stumbled across a great free parking area in the Italian Alps, he had been on the road for 4 months and said he rarely had to pay to stay overnight.

It seems to me to be made up mostly of places that users have stumbled across that may not be official campsites but local councils etc allow you to stay one or two nights unofficially. I have used similar apps in Australia and NZ known as wikicamp and these are mostly places submitted and updated by members.

Archived