Withdrawal Symptons.

Tracker

I seem to be suffering from exvan withdrawal symptoms and I am tempted to buy an old cheap and tatty LHD Hymer and simply do as so many Dutch nomads seem to do - just bu##er off and wander around Europe!

Perhaps the symptoms have something to do with Brexititis and the general idiotic and sensationalistic news coverage we are subjected to and the chance not to see or read any of it for a month or three is indeed tempting!

Now, where is warm, dry, reasonable cost of living, reasonable site fees, and not too crowded with all the others getting away from it all!

Tracker - 2017-10-17 5:17 PM

I seem to be suffering from exvan withdrawal symptoms and I am tempted to buy an old cheap and tatty LHD Hymer and simply do as so many Dutch nomads seem to do - just bu##er off and wander around Europe!

Perhaps the symptoms have something to do with Brexititis and the general idiotic and sensationalistic news coverage we are subjected to and the chance not to see or read any of it for a month or three is indeed tempting!

Now, where is warm, dry, reasonable cost of living, reasonable site fees, and not too crowded with all the others getting away from it all!

My drive Rich ... Been very pleasant here in the pits again today ... For friends they get free hook up also , for you we can cut a deal

Thanks Antony, with the wonderful Mount Udder in the distance and so many people of 'other natonality' status it would feel very much like being abroad. Is English still spoken in shops these days?

The only drawback is t'weather as I know that you can almost guarantee it being cold, wet, dark and windy which might make it a difficult sell to SWMBO.

Tracker - 2017-10-17 5:44 PM

Thanks Antony, with the wonderful Mount Udder in the distance and so many people of 'other natonality' status it would feel very much like being abroad. Is English still spoken in shops these days?

The only drawback is t'weather as I know that you can almost guarantee it being cold, wet, dark and windy which might make it a difficult sell to SWMBO.

English not spoken in many shops Rich but sign language normally does the job ... Don't worry about the cold and damp ... Our council kindly along every road have installed high heaters that work quite well and they also double up as road lights ... Huddersfield ... We welcome the many , not just the few ... Come join the fun

You will get over it Rich. It took us a couple of years to get over selling our Yacht . (It doesn't help seeing the boats in the Solent every day) Just start another chapter in your life

P

Guest pelmetman
Archiesgrandad - 2017-10-18 4:19 PM

I have never got over having to sell my beloved boat, mind you, that was only in 1991, so I suppose time might heal.

AGD

Er in doors fell out of love with ours when she did the maths 8-) ........Mind you a rough trip back from Osea island didn't help :-| .......

I feel your pain. The health problems of a family member have curbed our ability to roam in our "new to us" home on wheels. Are we all gypsies at heart? I crave a life on the open road.

Veronica

Tracker - 2017-10-17 5:44 PM

Beware Tykes bearing "gifts". It'll certainly be windy.

Archived