peugeot 2.5td water temp sensor

jimuck

I have just had the radiator replaced in my 1997 Peugeot boxer 2.5td motorhome. Unfortunately when refitting I have lost the connection from the blue temperature sender on the water pump housing that goes to the temperature gauge. Can anyone tell me where it connects to( picture would be fantastic) and where I might be able to buy this cable?

James

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Jamie,

I sold my 1990 2.5td Talbot Express and its workshop manual 11 years ago.

However may I suggest that you consider emanualonline.com. A downloaded manual would cost about £10. It should not be difficult to make a suitable lead.

I would have thought that the lead would come out of the wiring harness and be terminated with a 0.25" female blade connector.

Incidentally one problem that I did have with that vehicle was a faulty radiator fan thermostat. The fans or one of them kept starting for brief periods at too low a temperature. When stationary I could hear the engine note change as it took up the extra load. As with all intermittent faults it took some finding.

Alan

Thanks for the reply.

I have already got the manual you suggest but unfortunately the wiring diagram is quite basic and doesn't even show wire colours.(well the copy I downloaded doesn't!)

If I knew where the wire from the sensor connects on to the wiring loom I am sure I could figure out the connections ok. That's why I was looking to see if any body could post a picture of where the sensor wire goes to.

ever hopeful

James

Archived