Remapping 290 150bhp

tringy

Hi all just wondering if anyone has had a ducato 2.3 150bhp tuned by remapping? I had it done by a company call quantum and whilst it is easier to drive with encreasted power(I THINK) I don't seem to have better fuel consumption as I was lead to believe. Anyone had this done? and what was the results? We have been to Spain and back recently and the overall consumption of fuel was 27.5mpg kind regards to all. Tringy.

tringy - 2017-10-27 6:08 PM

Hi all just wondering if anyone has had a ducato 2.3 150bhp tuned by remapping? I had it done by a company call quantum and whilst it is easier to drive with encreasted power(I THINK) I don't seem to have better fuel consumption as I was lead to believe. Anyone had this done? and what was the results? We have been to Spain and back recently and the overall consumption of fuel was 27.5mpg kind regards to all. Tringy.

If you use the extra power you make the engine work harder. If the engine works harder, it is liable to use extra fuel. You may get additional power, you may get better fuel consumption, but you will be very unlikely to get both at the same time, all of the time. The laws of physics are against you.

Archived