Service due light.

Grumblewagon

Before I went on main holiday in September, I had the van serviced. A few days ago, the oil pressure light flashed 4 times after starting up. The handbook says that this means that a service is due. I went back to the garage that serviced it and they followed the manual instructions for resetting the light, but with no luck. They then connected the diagnostic computer and reset it that way. There was no charge, but they said the problem was that you couldn't reset the service interval until the light came on.

Maybe I should just wait till it tells me that a service is due, but I don't want that to happen on holidays.

If your van is on the Peugeot/Citroen base then the service light can be reset at any time. If you go into the MODE menu and scroll to the Service entry it will tell you the miles left until both a service and an oil change are due.

The oil change indicator can be user-reset but the service indicator has to be done by connecting to diagnostic software.

My own service indicator was recently reset at 29,500 miles before the warning light had come on by a Peugeot dealer while replacing the instrument cluster.

Archived