Trump's move on Jerusalem

StuartO

pelmetman - 2017-12-10 9:24 PM...........................You halo polishers will be the downfall of mankind (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

So you read my post immediately under the one you are responding to with the above? And from that you identify me as a halo polisher? So, tell me this: whose halo was I polishing?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2017-12-10 9:24 PM

Brian Kirby - 2017-12-10 6:42 PM

pelmetman - 2017-12-10 10:57 AM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-10 9:33 AM

pelmetman - 2017-12-10 9:27 AM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-10 9:17 AM

pelmetman - 2017-12-10 8:59 AM

Brian Kirby - 2017-12-09 5:19 PM

pelmetman - 2017-12-07 2:56 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-07 2:36 PM

Not recognised by the UN as the capital and a move roundly condemned by our government and many others. According to a comment in The Times today the Israeli government had not made this issue a priority in any peace process. I accept the peace process is stalled but where was the reason to engage reverse?

So when did the UN get to decide where a sovereign country has its capital? :-| ........

If I recall, it was the UN that decided where the whole of Israel could go, so why not its capital?

So its not a sovereign nation then? ;-) ........

......and in theory the UN could move our capital to? :-| .......

I vote for Skeggy to be the UK's new capital city B-) .........

Have you read any of the materials on line in BGs links Dave or others that describe what is at the root of the conflict between the Palestinians and Israel over Jerusalem?

I know what the problem is ;-) ........Its called religion *-) .......

No it isn't

Oh yes it is >:-) .......

You're just saying that Dave. :-D Mostly because you haven't done your homework.

Oh yes I have :-| ........Which is why I know British soldiers died trying to ensure Palestinians had a homeland :-| .........

Not that it improved Feck all *-) .......

Lets face it we've been sticking out snouts in the middle east for millennia....... has it made a blind bit of difference?.......Has it b*****ks......we've just made it worse >:-( .......

You halo polishers will be the downfall of mankind (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

'Tis a pity that your closing remark detracts from the very good points you make.

As far as sticking our snouts in the Middle East for millennia is concerned I think we are at last beginning to learn from our past mistakes but Trump isn't. He, unlike you perhaps, is not a good student of history.

Bulletguy - 2017-12-10 10:18 PM   Look back on your postings and you will see what i mean........then again, perhaps you won't."those terrorist barstewards Hamas"....."Arab world running off at the mouth"..."instigating violence and aggression and lobbing rockets"....."Nice people aren't they....so peace loving"...."always Hamas or Hezbollah or some other Arab organisation that provokes Israel"...."look at the sources where the 'kill kill kill' death and destruction calls are coming from"....etcLoaded remarks like that is hardly conducive to a balanced viewpoint is it?

Oh my....should I say those poor hard done by Arabs who like to lob rockets into innocent civilian populations because some nasty man in the US said something we don't like so we will kill a few innocents and call for another Intifada.

I'm sure I have said before there are injustices on both sides.  That much is clear.  I suppose it just isn't strong enough in condemning Israel for your liking.  Yes Israel is guilty of land grab.  PLO, Hamas, Islamic Jihad etc etc are guilty of first strike acts of aggression far more often than Israel yet you chose to side with those who initiate those first strikes and then come over all protective and condemn Israel for retaliating.  

I'm beginning to think I am debating with either an Arab, an Arab sympathiser or one who simply can not see that open militarist aggression as delivered by Hamas etc is going to trigger an act of retaliation.  The only difference is Israel has a bigger stick to wield and does so when poked.

Brian Kirby - 2017-12-11 3:13 PM
RogerC - 2017-12-11 12:58 PM........................The only difference is Israel has a bigger stick to wield and does so when poked.
Precisely. So why do the Palestinians provoke them?

Having read some of the workings of the region I would hazard a guess that one reason is because when Hamas was backed by Syria there was a political 'Backroom' agenda on the part of Syria being delivered by Hamas.  Today, with Syrian links rather tenuous and Iranian backing once more in the ascendency it is highly likely that it is conditional on delivery of 'support....cash and arms' that Hamas carries out certain acts of military/terrorist aggression upon Israel as it once did for Syria.

Historically this has been the case, Hamas/PLO/Islamic Jihad etc (organisations supported by Syria, Iran, Egypt etc) so I see no reason why the 'dirty tricks' departments of those Arab nations should behave any way differently than in previous years.   

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-12-11 12:32 PM

pelmetman - 2017-12-10 9:24 PM

Brian Kirby - 2017-12-10 6:42 PM

pelmetman - 2017-12-10 10:57 AM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-10 9:33 AM

pelmetman - 2017-12-10 9:27 AM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-10 9:17 AM

pelmetman - 2017-12-10 8:59 AM

Brian Kirby - 2017-12-09 5:19 PM

pelmetman - 2017-12-07 2:56 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-07 2:36 PM

Not recognised by the UN as the capital and a move roundly condemned by our government and many others. According to a comment in The Times today the Israeli government had not made this issue a priority in any peace process. I accept the peace process is stalled but where was the reason to engage reverse?

So when did the UN get to decide where a sovereign country has its capital? :-| ........

If I recall, it was the UN that decided where the whole of Israel could go, so why not its capital?

So its not a sovereign nation then? ;-) ........

......and in theory the UN could move our capital to? :-| .......

I vote for Skeggy to be the UK's new capital city B-) .........

Have you read any of the materials on line in BGs links Dave or others that describe what is at the root of the conflict between the Palestinians and Israel over Jerusalem?

I know what the problem is ;-) ........Its called religion *-) .......

No it isn't

Oh yes it is >:-) .......

You're just saying that Dave. :-D Mostly because you haven't done your homework.

Oh yes I have :-| ........Which is why I know British soldiers died trying to ensure Palestinians had a homeland :-| .........

Not that it improved Feck all *-) .......

Lets face it we've been sticking out snouts in the middle east for millennia....... has it made a blind bit of difference?.......Has it b*****ks......we've just made it worse >:-( .......

You halo polishers will be the downfall of mankind (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

'Tis a pity that your closing remark detracts from the very good points you make.

As far as sticking our snouts in the Middle East for millennia is concerned I think we are at last beginning to learn from our past mistakes but Trump isn't. He, unlike you perhaps, is not a good student of history.

Oh I dunno ;-) .......

I think Trump like many of us recognise that after 1400 years the "Religion of peace" are incapable of being peaceful :-| .......

So perhaps Trump intervention will help slow down the Islamification of the West B-) ........

Its certainly starting to flush out the nut jobs in New York 8-) .........

Not that you halo polishers will see it that way >:-) ........

Archived