Critair application

nyk

Sounds like the scanned document is either wrong format and/or too big. According to website. "The attachment must be in .pdf, .png or .jpeg format and must not exceed 400kB."

I would hazard a guess that its bigger then 400kb. To find out right click on attachment, go to Properties, and there you should find document size (in kb or mb)

hi nyk,

From what I recall doing mine it was just a matter of scanning the document to the correct size and then it was just a 'click' or 'drag' to attach,my problem was reducing the doc. to size oil I noticed you only had to size and send Page 2 0f your v5.

good luck and lets know how you get on

cheers

derek

I assume you’ve managed to get to the form that is headed "Vehicule informations"

You then need to click on the button that contains “Choose File” and is towards the bottom of the page.

Exactly what happens next will depend on what device you are using to make the application (phone, tablet, PC, Mac) but you’ll need to ‘choose’ the file in which you’ve stored the image of your V5C page and, provided that the file is .pdf, .png or .jpeg format and does not exceed 400kb in size, the file-name should now appear alongside the “Choose File” button. If the file is in the wrong format or larger than 400kb, an error message should appear.

(If you still have problems, you’ll need to explain what you are doing in more detail.)

You can submit two attachments of 400kb each, so we did the first and second pages of the V5C and it went through fine. We used picresize.com to reduce each Jpeg page.

What looks like it will be more of a pain will be working out if these temporary zones are active (because of sustained local pollution) while touring them, and understanding who is not allowed in. Possibly more of a problem for those getting higher Critair numbers due to older diesel models. Euro 5 and 6 diesel vans should get Critair level 2.

Thanks. I downloaded the app yesterday. It means that one/you/me all have to have a good broadband connection every evening, since the temporary ZPA restrictions are only announced for the next day. And you have to have the zone boundaries sorted. Presumably there are penalties for being in a zone when not permitted. I'm guessing that multiple interactive sign boards are not currently under construction to tell drivers what the current status is. So the local authorities will make a lot of money from transgressors. At least you can see most speed cameras.....

Information about the Green Zones app can be found here

https://www.green-zones.eu/en/green-zones-app/info-the-green-zones-app.html

If you can connect to the internet real-time information for French environmental zones is also available by clicking on the red-text entries here

https://www.crit-air.fr/en/information-about-the-critair-vignette/french-environmental-zones-zcr/french-environmental-zones.html

why has life and driving got so complicated all of a sudden....I would suggest the average 'foreigner' driving in a strange country may be quite unaware of such zones....we have our Critair sticker for your Euro 6 vehicle. , and as far as I am 'was aware this covers us for the whole of France. In any case there is no way I would be able to access real time on line websites when driving over there!

Keith T - 2018-01-14 11:41 AM

why has life and driving got so complicated all of a sudden....I would suggest the average 'foreigner' driving in a strange country may be quite unaware of such zones....we have our Critair sticker for your Euro 6 vehicle. , and as far as I am 'was aware this covers us for the whole of France. In any case there is no way I would be able to access real time on line websites when driving over there!

good evening,

And I suppose there is a different set of rules for each country as well. I reckon the best days of motorhoming are over

Information can be found on the following link relating to the European environmental zones that involve vehicle ‘stickers’ (which excludes the UK’s LEZ)

https://www.green-zones.eu/en/

Each scheme has its own rules and stickers - which is hardly surprising when different European countries have different languages and motoring laws...

If the ‘best’ days of motorhoming are to be defined as when parking/overnighting in a motorhome pretty much anywhere was easy, then those days are definitely over. But it’s not the quite recent introduction of European environmental zones that’s caused this.

When I started driving 57 years ago, the UK’s only road speed limit was 30mph for urban areas, and when I lived for a while in London in the late-1960s I used to park my car free of charge all day in the street. Now speed limits apply to all UK roads and urban parking is heavily regulated.

There are far more motorcaravans nowadays than 19 years ago when I bought my first motorhome and non-motorcaravanners are less tolerant about where such vehicles stay. The rise in motorhome numbers shows no sign of reducing and resistance to ‘wild camping’ is likely to harden. It’s going to be a downward spiral from now on, so make the most of the pastime while there’s still an element of fun in it. :-D :-D

Derek Uzzell - 2018-01-15 11:20 PM....  It’s going to be a downward spiral from now on, so make the most of the pastime while there’s still an element of fun in it. :-D :-D

I'm beginning to think that too; we motorhomers are becoming a persecuted species, regarded by some as no better than Travellers, selfish and antisocial in our ways, and at the same time unloved and uncatered for or exploited by legislators, who bung us into whatever commercial or non-commercial category suits them as more and more taxes are invented, bans imposed and red tape created.

I wonder though, how much of all this is enforceable?  Even the once abundant French police are hard pressed and subjected to budget cuts these days and, for example, the enforcement of speedlimits in France is in process of privatisation.  How often will vehicles be stopped to have their badges scrutinised closely in these ZCR and ZPA environmental zones I wonder?  Will it be at all practical to check for CritAir badges on the A40 in busy traffic when the Prefect of Haut Savoie decides to trigger the environmental restriction?  Will motorhomers decide to live as outlaws, like Travellers, rather than submit?

The future for motorhoming does not look too bleak as long as you have the cash and desire to buy a Euro 6 van and the know how to follow the myriad rules and regulations that seem to be expanding rapidly and will of course differ from country to country - so much for EU uniformity then!

Apart from the minor up front cost there does not yet seem to be any other penalty for driving an older van in a Critair zone, apart from the time restrictions, but it is surely the thin edge of a very wide money making wedge that is probably set to escalate much as the London congestion charge has, and will continue to do.

The increase in vans sold and in use in Europe as a whole does not seem to bode well for quickly and easily finding a space on popular Aires unless you arrive early, and possibly the same may apply to some sites?

There are a few ferry exceptions but as you pretty much have to drive through France to get to anywhere else that country's application of the rules is critical.

Everything seems to revolve around the 'date de 1re immatriculation' which as I understand it is the date of first registration?

Given that many motorhomes are first sold new and registered a long time after their base vehicles were made I wonder what the risks are of being wrongly classified and falling foul of some over zealous official at some point - or is it a case of whne you have the sticker that is it, as long as you have a sticker?

This website answers some questions, although I would not take it as accurate without written French official confirmation - if you can get it!

https://www.aph.com/community/holidays/paris-anti-pollution-sticker-crit-air/

Derek, before you book a trip to Dignitas suggest you consider a trip to Australia for the following reasons;

* flights have never been cheaper around half the price of 10years ago.
* still plenty of free (wild) camping spots available on the eastern side of   the continent west of the great dividing range. There are some on the     coast but more in demand by backpackers.
* The country is not too crowded, we have just 23 million people in a         land mass greater than the USA or Western Europe.
* We speak a dialect of English that most can understand (except maybe     if you are from Cornwall)
* We drive on the same side of the road as your country.
* The food, wine & climate is good to excellent. In or near my suburb I        can dine out on food at a fair price from over 10 different nations.
* The UK pound still buys a lot here even after the Brexit decision.
* We like folk from your part of the world.  
* If you come in large enough numbers it will leave more room for those    of us that love to regularly tour you country.

Sorry to stray off topic but could not miss the opportunity.
Cheers, Gary.

Archived