E17 Belgium service station overnight

davidmac

Hi looking at catching a late night ferry to Calais and stopping for a few hours at one of the service stations on the E17/A14 near Ghent/Antwerp for a few hours next summer. Good or bad idea? Not something I would think about heading through France or Spain, but are these service areas better.

Regards David

P.S. Going to the Moto GP at Assen and ferries to the Hook are sold out.

Hi, Ma and Pa looks a very pleasant spot and not too far off route, thanks very much.

Monique, I have a Honda Innova 125. It fits nicely into the garage of the Rapido, allowing us to go shopping and sightseeing along smaller roads without the troubles of a 7.4m A class.

Regards David

You are extremely welcome.

We first stayed there a few years ago . . . and got covered in mozzie bites but that’s the summer for you. We normally stay there in late November on our way home to Germany after delivering Christmas presents to family and friends in the UK.

Your satnav should take you straight there and if it’s a bit busy you can park on the other side of the canal.

It’s a pretty spot and lovely and quiet.

Barry

Hi,I will arrive about midnight and would hope to be on my way by 7:00. With just a quick stop the perhaps mozzies won't catch me.

Regards David

P.S. Last September we stopped at a campsite in Lloret de Mar, after putting down a groundsheet, winding out the awning and plugging in the electric (10-15 mins) went and checked out the toilets where another camper warned me about wearing shorts and tee shirt as there were a lot of midges about. Too late!!! next morning I counted eighteen bites on my legs and arms

Tiny little blighters too. All you hear is the buzzing as they go past our ear.

Despite screens on our house windows we get troubled with them every night during the summer months.

My sister and brother-in-law always overnight in Gent on there way to us and last summer they both arrived absolutely covered in bites. And they were staying in a hotel 8-) 8-)

Archived