Motorhome storage

7839278_7

Your question is very important and interesting. And depends how you like it. To give an example You can invest in a large carport of some L and H. Or find a Shelter nearby or wider. Their are old large green shelters under glass roof where you pay only 200 euro a year. At a average ten deg c temp average. And electricity. to charge your battery. But i can not advice for your area. Another alternative will be to put it on rent. Even burstner do this at 24 hour notice. These things should be on the move instead of restting half a year.

Brock - 2018-02-03 4:21 PM

I don't keep my van in storage but rates on the Wirral are between £20 and £30 pm depending on what you want. I would probably add another 50% for the south!

You are right there Brock , if you can find somewhere

PJay

im amazed at these quoted prices!!!! my van is stored ( in northumberland) at a cassoa gold, 24 hr access £235 a year.

there are 2 more within a short distance for a similar price.

i can only suggest anyone thinking of storage needs to phone around all those in reach. prices obviously vary from area to area.

I suggest the answer would be based on location, type of storage and access.

We have just given up our storage in Devon as we have downsized and can keep the new van on our driveway. Previous cost and I think this year renewal would be around £220 pa. this was open storage on a local farm, but with the necessary fencing and security and we had key access, though in reality this was daylight hours based.

Some 5 years ago we lived in Eastbourne, and had storage on a caravan site nearby and in 2013 we were paying some £450 pa, and again this was open air, and from memory there was free access, but under cameras and on a 24hours manned area.

I guess that it depends on where you live, and how far away that storage is, but in both instances, we have been very lucky and could walk if we wanted to, rather than taking the car.

Interesting to compare costs between UK & AU. I pay A$25 per week (approx £740 pa) whether I am there or not. The site is an open air paddock on acreage on the fringe of Sydney. The area is locked with key access. It is only 20 mins drive from home so suits us fine. Solar panel keeps the batteries in shape when not in use. Land is expensive in this city so the price is very competitive with others in Sydney. No doubt in the less populated areas the price would be considerably cheaper. Cheers,

Wills Wagon - 2018-02-03 7:20 PM

CASSOA GOLD SITE MANSFIELD inclusive of VAT

Full 24 hour access via key card.

LARGE MOTORHOME 26ft £730 per year

SMALL MOTORHOME Up to 25ft £670 per year

Identity and access key card £25 one off payment

Long way from HAMPSHIRE Wills!

The site we store at In Hampshire was a Cassoa site , but no longer is. The security has improved since leaving. I believe there is now a waiting list for places. We are lucky to have a hard standing, and there is EHU and water available, though only for occasional use , not permanent plug in , also WC facilities and emptying cassette

PJay

I have sent a PM to OP, but not yet picked up

They also have Calor gas available , plus a workshop on site , who do caravans and MH service

P

Think it is due to "Supply and demand"

Down here in the south, houses are also much dearer !

Ours storage is close on £800.00 per year from memory, will know soon as due 1st April.

Was a turkey farm many years ago, so you can see why farmers are happy to let out land for storage

There are a few hundred , MH caravans and some boats , as well as a couple of fifth wheelers, which are pretty big

You don't realise how lucky you people are who live north of LUTON AiRPORT, but you don,t have the nice warm weather we get down here!, and only 5 mins from the Ferry!

PJay

Thames Valley:

Considerable shortage of places, there is one site locally that charges over £80 a month, - most sites that offer storage are full. A few storage sites have closed after being sold, or are earmarked for development at some point. Nearest CAS location is near Basingstoke, maybe 20 miles away.

£44 month on hard standing, outside with good security. There is drinking water available via taps (mainly for the horses) but no EHU. The site is a store for a few vans but is also a riding centre so there is a lot of protection with people coming and going at all hours keeping an eye on the horses, some of which are potentially more valuable than the motorhomes in the store.

Surprises me how diligent the riders are - often people mucking out or exercising until 10pm at night and from 6 am in the morning, more so than motorhome owners - 7 days a week. - Always respectful to them because I know if anything untoward was seen in the area they would report it.

not sure how good paying by the day or week is? very good if you are guarranteed a spot every time you need it, but as so many sites seem to be very full i think i would want to pay for a year anyway. if i arrive back outside of working hours or at a weekend i want access straight away. and if i have a fault when i arrive back its nice to park up and then contact the site to fix the van, either in situ (they have a mobile) or their workshop.

Archived