Avtex TV DVD drive

Majikthyse

We have an Avtex L186DRS with a broken DVD drive. I have removed the drive (very easy) and I'm trying to find a replacement. The number on it is DL-10HA-00-009 142122903, made by Foryou. There are many DL-10HA-00-009 drives available online, but they all have different 9-digit numbers, and appear to have the connectors in different places. I can't find one with this exact model number. Does anyone know if a different one will work? If the connectors are the same but in different positions on the board I imagine it should do.

Avtex wants over £100 to repair the TV, but drives are available for about £15. I have asked them if they can supply the drive but they don't reply. Obviously more profitable to do the repair.

You could always buy a portable DVD player. We used to use one in van , as our Tv (at that time) did not have one .So lang as the Tv works that is.

My thinking would be to replace the Tv, as the later ones should be better??

PJay

Yes I saw that chap's eBay shop. Worth a call. We already replaced the Avtex with a Cello, which is cheaper but not as good. Poorer sound and a bit smaller than it claims to be. I was put off the repair by the exorbitant cost from Avtex, not realising the drives are so cheap (assuming I can get one that fits).

Thanks for the replies.

Majikthyse - 2018-02-07 10:44 PM

Yes I saw that chap's eBay shop. Worth a call. We already replaced the Avtex with a Cello, which is cheaper but not as good. Poorer sound and a bit smaller than it claims to be. I was put off the repair by the exorbitant cost from Avtex, not realising the drives are so cheap (assuming I can get one that fits).

Thanks for the replies.

As you probably already know Avtex are far from cheap tv's and worth bearing in mind they are also multi-standard unlike 'normal' sets, so will pick up signals in whatever European country you're in. Mine is the 12" tv/dvd model yet cost almost as much as my LG 42" i have for home viewing.

That chap seemed to have a number of drives for sale so imagine he would know if any will fit your Avtex.

keninpalamos - 2018-02-08 3:48 PM

Is it unusual for a modern tv to pick up the signals of the country the tv is in? My Domestic Samsung 19” picks up over 40tv channels via the Teleco TelePlusx2 aerial. Do you need an expensive tv? And what are the advantages of the Avtec over other tv’s

Ken....i think current day domestic sets have now gone multi-standard since 99% on the market here are manufactured outside UK, it makes sense. There are a few domestic which will run from dual voltage, 12v/240v....but very few, where all Avtex do as they are specifically made for the motorhome/caravan market. That's the prime reason they are expensive....same reason as fridges or oven for mh/caravans.....ones made for the domestic market will be cheaper and bigger.

Archived