Oh dear, how sad....never mind.....

Guest pelmetman

Remoaners note - when Brits stand up for the UK we are deemed to be selfish and inward looking, but when push comes to shove so are the other 27 nations who are all far more interested in their own country's agendas and what they get compared to what they pay.

Surprise surprise nobody wants to pay more to keep the EU club alive in it's present format.

If Brexit causes the whole EU to reform and return to a trading partnership and abandon the political ambitions of the few for a USE then what an achievement to be proud of that will be.

Dare I say it - but maybe we might even consider re-entry at some future point - when it suits us not them - although I suspect once out we will stay out!

That article assume we wont be paying in of course. I thought we were heading for a super duper Canada +++ deal. Are the Brexiteers assuming still that it will be free? (lol)

Its worth reminding people that the money we and other countries pay in is kak all in the great scheme of things. What we pay in to the EU is just 1% of our annual spend. Whats £3bn to the German economy?

Barryd999 - 2018-02-24 11:37 AM

That article assume we wont be paying in of course. I thought we were heading for a super duper Canada +++ deal. Are the Brexiteers assuming still that it will be free? (lol)

Its worth reminding people that the money we and other countries pay in is kak all in the great scheme of things. What we pay in to the EU is just 1% of our annual spend. Whats £3bn to the German economy?

Peanuts? Re-unification with East Germany was reported by one German Minister in 2011 as costing 2 trillion euros in total over the previous 10 years.

Violet1956 - 2018-02-24 12:41 PM

Peanuts? Re-unification with East Germany was reported by one German Minister in 2011 as costing 2 trillion euros in total over the previous 10 years.

Whats that got to do with the financial gap that the UK not paying in will leave? Assuming we are not still paying in of course.

Barryd999 - 2018-02-24 1:12 PM

Whats that got to do with the financial gap that the UK not paying in will leave? Assuming we are not still paying in of course.

Only relevant to the question you asked what is £ 3 billion to the German economy. To which my answer is likely be "peanuts" German economy. When they want something badly they find the money.

Violet1956 - 2018-02-24 1:25 PM

Only relevant to the question you asked what is £ 3 billion to the German economy. To which my answer is likely be "peanuts" German economy. When they want something badly they find the money.

My head seems to be messed up today. Totally misinterpreted your first post. Sorry.

Barryd999 - 2018-02-24 3:51 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-02-24 1:25 PM

My head seems to be messed up today. Totally misinterpreted your first post. Sorry.

I realised it was a bit oblique. It would have helped if I hadn't loused up the grammar. Must try harder.

Veronica

Archived