tv system

mansell

Guest Frank Wilkinson
mansell - 2007-01-16 2:46 PM Can anyone say who is the best to supply and fit the " oyster system "

Where do you live? I probably can't help but there are people on this forum who will certainly be able to advise you but it would be a great help if they know roughly where you are so that they can recommend someone reasonably local.

Transleisure in Leeds are the sole importers of the Oyster system. Everyone else who fits them buys them off transleisure. some people have had good service from TL, others less so. There are plenty of dealers around the country who can suppy land install the system. Although I'm not a dealer of Oyster systems I can get them and install them.

Asking for personal recomendation like you have here is probably the best idea though. Come on guys, let Mansell know where you had yours fitted and whether you're happy with the job or not.

D.

Fancied being more authoritive more like a leiutenant. dont look at the spellings

Giving a few orders around like, you know

Glad you have that sorted then you won't be sorry I hope .

Not really sure about the Oysters standing in the market place so to speak . There may be better out there I don't know I am not the right one to ask . What I can say is that we are very satisfied with our's.

I admit to one problem only, getting a pitch or stop by the tree's but then I suppose everyone has that problem. We were thinking of looking into one of not sure what you call them, sat on a floor job's for when this occurs . So far we have not probably because we have been so busy with other things as you know. That's the only honest grumble but that's not the dishes fault is it .. No all in all very happy with it. Goodluck with yours

and the fridge problem ;-)

Hidden in the side of the wardrobe . if you can that way barrie when they leave a hole on the roof the water can soak your clothes only joking...Te He.

Barrie ours s in the wardrobe tucked neatlyon the side out of sight and all that plus we didn't want wires everywhere . The dish sit's immediately on top of the wardrobe on the roof so made sense . I don't know if this is a suitable option for your's ? Glad you have itall orgranised now.

Ps what's happenng with the fridge ?

Just a small detail here, the Oyster comes complete with its own loom of cabling which is around 3 metres long so the dish does not have to sit above where you want the digibox and controller mounted. If TL are supplying you with a 12 volt pace digibox then make sure they also supply a regulator to go with it. Most of the ones I've fitted I mounted the controller and digibox in the TV cupboard, frequently mounted to either the side or even roof of the locker. You might need to have a remote IR sensor added to the digibox to enabel operation from your chosen viewing position.

D.

Just had a look at the prices from Trans Leisure. Is there really that much on TV worth spending so much money? Bought a sat system from Lidl last year for £70. Works a treat if I can be bovered to get it out.If we can't get a picture we go for a walk or get the cards out!

Agree with Michelle, best place is in the wardrobe either on the shelf or on it's side velcro'd to the wall. The dish can go virtually anywhere on the roof.

As Dave has explained, if you install this way you will need an IR sensor on the TV, this should come included in the package.

Archived