mot and tax and insurance renewal time

tonyg3nwl

It is that time of year for me. mot yesterday, passed ok, no advisories, so that is the first hurdle

came home and started ring around for insurance.

I

Firstly, contacted AIB who are promoted on the top of ths page , and they came back with quote for Aviva, as best offering, at 441. 89 for 6000 miles, 2 drivers, self and wife ages 80 and 76.full licences no outstandin issues or claims.

Caravan club quote to be sent via post, and CCC the other club, renewal quote will be sent next week.

Cara van club guarantee to undercut others by 25 pounds as a tempter.

how many phone calls to make, who to, and how much savings can be acheived after paying phone bill

suggestions please.

tonyg3nwl

Most phone calls are 0800 numbers so the only cost is time. At 80 there is less left than last year!. I have been with Caravan Club insurance (DA Devitt) for years. When it was owned by RBS it was expensive so I tried SAGA for a year for the car (not the 'van as the Caravan Club have a special package).

SAGA had a good reduction going but the next year's renewal was expensive so I went back to the Caravan Club who also had a good reduction for "new" business.

So it could pay to change yearly but with Caravan Club membership papers came a leaflet that, among other notes applauding their insurance was the statement that "new business accepted up to 80",

The increases, including the government tax hike weren't bad. So I stayed with them.

Just renewed for a second year with Saga. Although the renewal was a significant increase on the first year price (13%) it was still almost £200 less than anyone else quoted. I like their straight forward approach to insuring, no odd discounts for Thatcham this and Thatcham that etc. We’re two drivers, full no claims, 365 day European comp cover. I suggest though that you don’t bother with the telephone but go on-line to get get the best prices, call centres cost money and sometimes this is incorporated in the offer price.

I had not realised but all of the "Compare" sites also offer motorhome price comparisons.

I recently used GoCompare and obtained some really competitive quotations including breakdown cover for both UK and Europe.

This saves the repetitive questions on the telephone.

Be warned however that almost the minute the prices appear on the screen your phone will ring with people seeing if you want to take out their cover.

SJWBallistic - 2018-03-06 10:54 AM

Be warned however that almost the minute the prices appear on the screen your phone will ring with people seeing if you want to take out their cover.

Easily resolved. I just enter the area code plus six zeros. I only ever provide my real number on an internet enquiry if I have decided to buy.

Hi

My insurance renewal came last week, a quick phone call to them and got a reduced price of around £130.

This was done by. Changing excess to £350,, mileage from 7000 to 5000. and valuation which they had still got at the price I bought it at last year which they would never pay out on to a realistic price of valuation.

Archived