Maybe He's Right

antony1969

Barryd999 - 2018-03-13 1:54 PM

The only thing that will change peoples minds in big enough numbers to force the government into taking action is as near as dammit concrete proof of how damaging all the Brexit scenarios will be and put in simple terms how that will effect them.

We are very short of FACTS but it is a fact that they tried that ( i.e. scaremongering ) in the referendum campaign - it clearly didn't work then, so there is no reason to believe it would work now.

That's why I suggest they should try something more positive.

:-|

What we " believe " about how people would vote - is irrelevant. Belief is swayed by bias.

pelmetman - 2018-03-12 8:30 PM

malc d - 2018-03-12 8:13 PM

pelmetman - 2018-03-12 8:56 AM

malc d - 2018-03-11 8:26 PM

antony1969 - 2018-03-11 6:43 PM

Makes ya wonder , all those older folk saw a Britain without the forced muliticulturalism and they've decided it was better before it turned up...

.... and it seems, a lot of them were daft enough to think that leaving the EU would make a difference.

As you, and Trump, would say ----- "sad "

;-)

Well as you Remoaners like to point out infinitum *-) .........."We haven't left yet".......

So how would you know? ;-) ..........

I would be interested to hear your definition of a remoaner - as I don't consider myself to be one.

One who has a problem with a democratic referendum ;-) ........

Advisory which wasn't legally binding. https://fullfact.org/europe/was-eu-referendum-advisory/

I thought you knew that? Or maybe preferred to ignore it.

Also worth remembering Article 50 is still reversible......as the man who drafted the legal parts of it explained.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-theresa-may-article-50-reversal-misleading-public-author-lord-kerr-claims-a8046676.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/10/brexit-date-is-not-irreversible-says-man-who-wrote-article-50-lord-kerr

malc d - 2018-03-13 12:04 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-03-13 10:29 AM

If this is true then they may have to legally have a second referendum.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-second-referendum-lock-legal-challenge-david-cameron-dominic-grieve-a8250266.html

I kind of agree with the above though. A similar 52-48% split the other way would not really resolve anything. It needs a bigger swing. My hope is people will start to realise just what a crazy decision it was and something will have to give.

Maybe if the politicians came up with a big list of the benefits of staying in the EU ?

They haven't tried THAT before.

Do you think that might change anyones' mind ?

The only thing that will change peoples minds in big enough numbers to force the government into taking action is as near as dammit concrete proof of how damaging all the Brexit scenarios will be and put in simple terms how that will effect them.

If you look at the demographic of voters that have changed their minds more women have than men as they are not as emotionally involved in the main. You just have to look at some of the comments from the chest thumping brigade to realise it's like a game of football to many and it's a hard won victory that none of them want to back down from and let go of. You can understand that but I believe most of them now know it's a mistake but won't admit it but perhaps they would at the voting booth

"I believe most of them now know it's a mistake but won't admit It" ... I now know what it's like for Bullet cos I just weed myself reading that ... Did you write Vince Cables racist speech for him the other day

cos it's got that same tone to it ???

malc d - 2018-03-13 2:38 PM

We are very short of FACTS but it is a fact that they tried that ( i.e. scaremongering ) in the referendum campaign - it clearly didn't work then, so there is no reason to believe it would work now.

That's why I suggest they should try something more positive.

What we " believe " about how people would vote - is irrelevant. Belief is swayed by bias.

I think some tried to explain the benefits but of course they were shot down in flames and made to look extremely dull compared to the big shiny and appealing world of Brexit and what it could deliver. However the Brexiteers have gone very quiet on that and all the fantastic trade deals that were coming our way, the £350m for the NHS and how we would be so much better off as its been exposed as fantasy. If it were all to be repeated now with what we now know they wouldnt stand a chance with the same guff twice.

What we got was a view of more of the same from Etonians like Cameron. What we also got was a view of a promising bold new future from a bloke with a fag and a pint in his hand and a buffoon but a very rousing buffoon in a big red bus. Clearly the latter were more appealing (just). They wouldnt stand a chance now in round 2 as we know so much more.

Nobody in the North East for example, parts of which couldnt wait to vote out believed they would be worse off and certainly not as worse off as is now predicted with thousands of jobs at risk. Had they known that I know they may have thought twice. They need to be convinced. I knew it, I knew it all along and said so on here several times. I know the area and business here well and knew it would be one of the worse hit but still they voted out.

People need to wake up and start believing reality never mind "project fear" before its too late.

antony1969 - 2018-03-13 4:49 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-second-referendum-lock-legal-challenge-david-cameron-dominic-grieve-a8250266.html

I kind of agree with the above though. A similar 52-48% split the other way would not really resolve anything. It needs a bigger swing. My hope is people will start to realise just what a crazy decision it was and something will have to give.

Maybe if the politicians came up with a big list of the benefits of staying in the EU ?

If you look at the demographic of voters that have changed their minds more women have than men as they are not as emotionally involved in the main. You just have to look at some of the comments from the chest thumping brigade to realise it's like a game of football to many and it's a hard won victory that none of them want to back down from and let go of. You can understand that but I believe most of them now know it's a mistake but won't admit it but perhaps they would at the voting booth

"I believe most of them now know it's a mistake but won't admit It" ... I now know what it's like for Bullet cos I just weed myself reading that ... Did you write Vince Cables racist speech for him the other day

How can you compare that to what Vince Cable said? Its only a theory but I bet its right. You can tell that a lot have buried their heads in the sand as they dont want to be wrong. The facts are becoming increasingly obvious to all that will listen that Brexit is going to be bad for all but a select few. Brexiteers refuse to read the facts, they refuse to discuss it in any sensible way or consider they were perhaps wrong to vote out but faced with the every day barrage of information and endless analysis with the latest one from our own government of just how bad it will be there must be a fair few that given the chance to vote again will vote differently but they just dont want to admit it.

Like I Said, its all too emotional but its mainly the blokes that see it that way and refuse to back down. Expensive pride though.

Barryd999 - 2018-03-13 5:04 PM

How can you compare that to what Vince Cable said? Its only a theory but I bet its right. You can tell that a lot have buried their heads in the sand as they dont want to be wrong. The facts are becoming increasingly obvious to all that will listen that Brexit is going to be bad for all but a select few. Brexiteers refuse to read the facts, they refuse to discuss it in any sensible way or consider they were perhaps wrong to vote out but faced with the every day barrage of information and endless analysis with the latest one from our own government of just how bad it will be there must be a fair few that given the chance to vote again will vote differently but they just dont want to admit it.

Like I Said, its all too emotional but its mainly the blokes that see it that way and refuse to back down. Expensive pride though.

Utter cobblers and bitter remain tosh ... If I really could be bothered for every doomsday story you give I could give a positive one back ... Its funny how you hate our Government but seem to be fully in line with what some in our Government say about Brexit so absolute double standards as normal ... Remember they are the same folk within our Government who predicted hell on earth the day after the vote ... Move on Barry ... Adopt some refugees or sumat to fill your Brexit sulking time with instead ... Looks like Vince has borrowed one of Bulletgays favourite insults too ... https://twitter.com/DavidJoBrexit/status/973617428306563072

First Vince basically called all those of a certain age racist who voted Brexit now Scottish MEP Alyn Smith in Brussels calls Leave voters Charlatans , Shysters and useful idiots ... All this talk of coming together , well its not coming from those Remain supporting MPs is it ???

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-03-13 3:51 PM

pelmetman - 2018-03-12 8:30 PM

malc d - 2018-03-12 8:13 PM

pelmetman - 2018-03-12 8:56 AM

malc d - 2018-03-11 8:26 PM

antony1969 - 2018-03-11 6:43 PM

Makes ya wonder , all those older folk saw a Britain without the forced muliticulturalism and they've decided it was better before it turned up...

.... and it seems, a lot of them were daft enough to think that leaving the EU would make a difference.

As you, and Trump, would say ----- "sad "

;-)

Well as you Remoaners like to point out infinitum *-) .........."We haven't left yet".......

So how would you know? ;-) ..........

I would be interested to hear your definition of a remoaner - as I don't consider myself to be one.

One who has a problem with a democratic referendum ;-) ........

Advisory which wasn't legally binding. https://fullfact.org/europe/was-eu-referendum-advisory/

I thought you knew that? Or maybe preferred to ignore it.

Also worth remembering Article 50 is still reversible......as the man who drafted the legal parts of it explained.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-theresa-may-article-50-reversal-misleading-public-author-lord-kerr-claims-a8046676.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/10/brexit-date-is-not-irreversible-says-man-who-wrote-article-50-lord-kerr

I guess we'll find out if it is next by March ;-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-03-14 6:21 AM

First Vince basically called all those of a certain age racist who voted Brexit now Scottish MEP Alyn Smith in Brussels calls Leave voters Charlatans , Shysters and useful idiots ... All this talk of coming together , well its not coming from those Remain supporting MPs is it ???

Yep they're certainly doing their level best to make sure we don't change our minds (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

antony1969 - 2018-03-13 7:28 PM

Utter cobblers and bitter remain tosh ... If I really could be bothered for every doomsday story you give I could give a positive one back ... Its funny how you hate our Government but seem to be fully in line with what some in our Government say about Brexit so absolute double standards as normal ... Remember they are the same folk within our Government who predicted hell on earth the day after the vote ... Move on Barry ... Adopt some refugees or sumat to fill your Brexit sulking time with instead ... Looks like Vince has borrowed one of Bulletgays favourite insults too ... https://twitter.com/DavidJoBrexit/status/973617428306563072

I knew you would dismiss it as Tosh. However if you can, explain to me how you think you and those around you will now knowing what we know benefit from the kind of Brexit we are heading for.

Just a simple list will do of what you think we will actually achieve now if we go ahead. I know what you thought we would achieve from the many debates pre and post referendum but be honest. What do you really think you and those around you will get out of Brexit now.

derek pringle - 2018-03-14 8:36 AM

Hi,

I am beginning to believe it is no good us breaking Europe up only to find we have broken the UK up

cheers

derek

It beggars belief that nobody thought of this when the referendum was decided upon. Not only has it divided a nation and will continue to do so for generations but it could well be the catalyst that breaks off Northern Ireland and Scotland making England even more insignificant on the world stage than the UK in its current state is. Thats not knocking the UK, its being realistic.

Of course the Brexiteers could be right, It could all go fantastically well and we will end up the most successful and most powerful nation on earth. I may also win the lottery and marry Taylor Swift. Actually thats probably more likely.

Barryd999 - 2018-03-14 11:09 AM

I knew you would dismiss it as Tosh. However if you can, explain to me how you think you and those around you will now knowing what we know benefit from the kind of Brexit we are heading for.

Just a simple list will do of what you think we will actually achieve now if we go ahead. I know what you thought we would achieve from the many debates pre and post referendum but be honest. What do you really think you and those around you will get out of Brexit now.

Barry I don't have to provide a list because the EU is dying before your very eyes and your that blinkered that you don't just want to stay iin it your absolutely desperate to stay in it ... The EU has done nothing to change its ways and half the rise of populist ant-EU parties and with it the resentment towards it by millions within the EU ... If they are not listening now then they never will , Its finished and never mind your list why would I want to be part of the longest death in history

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-03-14 12:29 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-03-14 11:09 AM

Barry I don't have to provide a list because the EU is dying before your very eyes and your that blinkered that you don't just want to stay iin it your absolutely desperate to stay in it ... The EU has done nothing to change its ways and half the rise of populist ant-EU parties and with it the resentment towards it by millions within the EU ... If they are not listening now then they never will , Its finished and never mind your list why would I want to be part of the longest death in history

Yep :D .......Junker & Co just don't seem to have realised the SS EU Titanic has hit a iceberg >:-) .......

You dont want to make a list Antony as you know none of what you were promised will come to fruition.

You say the EU is finished but the economies are growing faster than ours. Yes there has been a bit of a populist uprising but thats mainly in response to some open door policies on immigration from outside of the EU by a few minorities.

The EU looks far from finished to me but would it not make more sense to actually leave when it does look like its about to implode and perhaps when we actually had a some kind of plan beforehand?

Im desperate to stay in as I have not got my head in the sand and can see the train wreck that is about to happen. It wouldnt be so bad if there were some benefits to be had but even you cannot provide a current list that will stand up. Its self harm for no good reason whatsoever now except to line the pockets of the likes of Smug and Banks.

Barryd999 - 2018-03-14 5:10 PM

You dont want to make a list Antony as you know none of what you were promised will come to fruition.

You say the EU is finished but the economies are growing faster than ours. Yes there has been a bit of a populist uprising but thats mainly in response to some open door policies on immigration from outside of the EU by a few minorities.

The EU looks far from finished to me but would it not make more sense to actually leave when it does look like its about to implode and perhaps when we actually had a some kind of plan beforehand?

Im desperate to stay in as I have not got my head in the sand and can see the train wreck that is about to happen. It wouldnt be so bad if there were some benefits to be had but even you cannot provide a current list that will stand up. Its self harm for no good reason whatsoever now except to line the pockets of the likes of Smug and Banks.

Holy sh8thole ... You actually thought about and took time to write that ... Im in tears

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-03-14 5:10 PM

Im desperate to stay in as I have not got my head in the sand and can see the train wreck that is about to happen.

Junker's has got his stuck up Merkel's backside ;-) .......

That's why he cant see the populism express train coming :D ........

Archived