Brexit divorce bill - 45 years

Bulletguy

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-03-14 10:12 PM

Tracker - 2018-03-14 5:31 PM

antony1969 - 2018-03-14 5:11 PM

More importantly have they been good to us ... Value for money ... Course not ... Its a dead club

It's only dead if you are a contributor but it should be dead for all the beaurocrats and politicians and multitue of Brussels and Strasburg office staff who enjoy the loverly gravy train of guaranteed salaries and pensions at our expense.

Jeez what a huge non productive waste of money they all seem to be?.

Farage was certainly happy to ride that 'gravy train' though wasn't he? The hypocrite also has double standards when it comes to his £73k pa pension from the EU. Hypocrisy seems to be a common trait among Brexiters from what i've seen.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/03/nigel-farage-wont-give-up-his-73000-eu-pension-7128440/

How is he a hypocrite? *-) ........

He campaigned for a independent UK as MEP.......He was voted in along with many other UKIP MEP's by the British electorate ;-) ..........

The only hypocrisy is that spouted by Remoaner's who only like democracy when it goes their way >:-) ......

antony1969 - 2018-03-15 6:14 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-03-14 9:11 PM

antony1969 - 2018-03-14 5:42 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-03-14 5:31 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-03-14 4:48 PM

Tracker - 2018-03-14 3:31 PM

malc d - 2018-03-14 2:34 PM

Tracker - 2018-03-14 2:14 PM

Is someone saying that the cost of Brexit will take as long to pay for as the cost of WW2 did?

Really?

No.

" Someone " is saying it will take 45 years.

Our debt for WW2 took 60 years to repay.

Yeah, I know, but you get the gist!!

And most of that was to our loyal 'friends' the Yanks whereas one can hardly call the actions of the EU friendly!

Have I missed something? Have the EU been nasty to us? Where, when?

More importantly have they been good to us ... Value for money ... Course not ... Its a dead club

Oh I dunno, they paid me £60K a year as a part time consultant ten years ago. (lol) Cheap at twice the price. Im an expert dontcha know!

Did ya just make things up like you do now ???

No. Thats why they hired me. The EU insisted there was a team put together to oversea public sector and part EU funded projects to ensure they were good value for money and no skulduggery went on when funding was awarded to business systems (ICT Projects). Didnt make anything up but I did sign off on millions of pounds worth of funding and worked with hundreds of businesses and suppliers across the north east to make sure they got the right systems. Just as well as the 2008 crash would have finished many of them. I did all this while running my own business which was also thriving then as well. So not that lazy like you called me the other day. Burnt out maybe. :D

I know it was our money anyway but thats not the point. The point is it went to the right people for the right projects. The double whammy for places like the North East in the future is no more funding and a potential massive hit to their economy if you believe "The Governments OWN figures". Who will help them this time?

Sounds like easy money ... No wonder you wanna stay in the corrupt club ... Your hoping for the good old days to come back ... Of course your lazy !!! ... When you say the funding went to the right people are you saying we in this country won't be able to work out for ourselves where any future government funding might go , we aint got the brains for that then ??? ... C'mon

Depends what you call easy money. A team of ten senior consultants at the top of their game didnt get there easily. For that kind of expertise, you have to pay. What was wasteful and also corrupt was the way prior funding was allocated with back handers, money being thrown at projects by public sector employees that had no idea what they were doing, where the money was going, to whom and whether it was good value or not.

Of course we have the brains to work it out for ourselves if you can afford the right people or someone insists on it but its a mute point as there wont be any funding for such projects anymore. Projects where the EU were involved were well organised with good accountable standards, at least the ones I worked on were. Government only run projects I found less so. I have no bias or axe to grind as all thats in the past now for me, just telling it like I found it.

Barryd999 - 2018-03-15 11:14 AM

antony1969 - 2018-03-15 6:14 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-03-14 9:11 PM

antony1969 - 2018-03-14 5:42 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-03-14 5:31 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-03-14 4:48 PM

Tracker - 2018-03-14 3:31 PM

malc d - 2018-03-14 2:34 PM

Tracker - 2018-03-14 2:14 PM

Is someone saying that the cost of Brexit will take as long to pay for as the cost of WW2 did?

Really?

No.

" Someone " is saying it will take 45 years.

Our debt for WW2 took 60 years to repay.

Yeah, I know, but you get the gist!!

And most of that was to our loyal 'friends' the Yanks whereas one can hardly call the actions of the EU friendly!

Have I missed something? Have the EU been nasty to us? Where, when?

Oh I dunno, they paid me £60K a year as a part time consultant ten years ago. (lol) Cheap at twice the price. Im an expert dontcha know!

Did ya just make things up like you do now ???

No. Thats why they hired me. The EU insisted there was a team put together to oversea public sector and part EU funded projects to ensure they were good value for money and no skulduggery went on when funding was awarded to business systems (ICT Projects). Didnt make anything up but I did sign off on millions of pounds worth of funding and worked with hundreds of businesses and suppliers across the north east to make sure they got the right systems. Just as well as the 2008 crash would have finished many of them. I did all this while running my own business which was also thriving then as well. So not that lazy like you called me the other day. Burnt out maybe. :D

I know it was our money anyway but thats not the point. The point is it went to the right people for the right projects. The double whammy for places like the North East in the future is no more funding and a potential massive hit to their economy if you believe "The Governments OWN figures". Who will help them this time?

Sounds like easy money ... No wonder you wanna stay in the corrupt club ... Your hoping for the good old days to come back ... Of course your lazy !!! ... When you say the funding went to the right people are you saying we in this country won't be able to work out for ourselves where any future government funding might go , we aint got the brains for that then ??? ... C'mon

Depends what you call easy money. A team of ten senior consultants at the top of their game didnt get there easily. For that kind of expertise, you have to pay. What was wasteful and also corrupt was the way prior funding was allocated with back handers, money being thrown at projects by public sector employees that had no idea what they were doing, where the money was going, to whom and whether it was good value or not.

Of course we have the brains to work it out for ourselves if you can afford the right people or someone insists on it but its a mute point as there wont be any funding for such projects anymore. Projects where the EU were involved were well organised with good accountable standards, at least the ones I worked on were. Government only run projects I found less so. I have no bias or axe to grind as all thats in the past now for me, just telling it like I found it.

Yes I know what you mean about well run EU projects with good accountable standards its just such a shame Brussels has such a big problem with budget fraud and corruption isn't it and its totally obvious to everyone Barry as in all your posts that you have no bias or axe to grind ... That goes without saying doesn't it B-) In answer to what do I call easy money well it has to be ripping off some old diddy for thousands when she's only got a couple of slates loose ... Gives me an enormous sense of pride and well being ... Actually thinking about it I suppose I have something in common with all that EU fraud , stealing and corruption then don't I ... Me an the EU like bruvvers

Guest pelmetman

Depends what you call easy money. A team of ten senior consultants at the top of their game didnt get there easily. For that kind of expertise, you have to pay. .

£99.99 is the going rate for telling people to turn it off and then on again I believe? ;-) ........

I used to work on the BMW factor........1 BMW + 50% ....2 BMW's + 100% :D .........

pelmetman - 2018-03-15 8:42 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-03-14 10:12 PM

Tracker - 2018-03-14 5:31 PM

It's only dead if you are a contributor but it should be dead for all the beaurocrats and politicians and multitue of Brussels and Strasburg office staff who enjoy the loverly gravy train of guaranteed salaries and pensions at our expense.

Jeez what a huge non productive waste of money they all seem to be?.

Farage was certainly happy to ride that 'gravy train' though wasn't he? The hypocrite also has double standards when it comes to his £73k pa pension from the EU. Hypocrisy seems to be a common trait among Brexiters from what i've seen.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/03/nigel-farage-wont-give-up-his-73000-eu-pension-7128440/

How is he a hypocrite? *-) ........

As an MP commented, "Nigel Farage is a shameless hypocrite. He rails against the so-called EU gravy train, but is happy to cash in when it suits him."

Perfectly summed up.

Depends what you call easy money.

Receiving "lead, stone, power tools and so on all at the taxpayers expense of course" from a thieving BR employee which Mr Roofer fondly reminisced as "the good old days" and has no receipts or vat records for. ;-)

Bulletguy - 2018-03-15 3:12 PM

Receiving "lead, stone, power tools and so on all at the taxpayers expense of course" from a thieving BR employee which Mr Roofer fondly reminisced as "the good old days" and has no receipts or vat records for. ;-)

General rule of thumb is you keep receipts and invoices for 7 years so even if I had any paperwork it would be long gone ... Did you explain how you knew the items were stolen as I don't believe I said they were and if you have the proof I can give you the name of the BR employees and you can report it if you're so sure a crime has taken place ... Your obviously concerned about it as you've only been awake a few minutes and already you've brought it back up again

antony1969 - 2018-03-15 3:29 PM

General rule of thumb is you keep receipts and invoices for 7 years so even if I had any paperwork it would be long gone ...

Idle boasting or cooked up story. Either way you dropped a clanger posting about it on a forum and would have been better off holding your hand up and dismissing it as the latter, but your blustering cocky self pride wouldn't let you.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-03-15 3:45 PM

General rule of thumb is you keep receipts and invoices for 7 years so even if I had any paperwork it would be long gone ...

Idle boasting or cooked up story. Either way you dropped a clanger posting about it on a forum and would have been better off holding your hand up and dismissing it as the latter, but your blustering cocky self pride wouldn't let you.

I thought it was 6 years when I got investigated :-S ........ apparently in the small print they can go back as far as 20 years 8-) ..........In practice they only go after a paper trail ;-) .......

They tried to screw me for another 13k on top on the 1k a month I was already paying in income tax >:-( ......But after 2 years investigating they got 300 quid my account got 3k and I got megga p*ssed off so I semi retired B-) .........

I reckon Er madges coffers are more than a few 100k short now >:-) ........

But hey just got confirmation of my pension from Er madge.......and a very nice lump sum B-) .......

Payback time has arrived >:-) ........

Sadly still another 6 years to go before I become a fully paid up member of the idle classes :'( .........

pelmetman - 2018-03-15 3:59 PM

I thought it was 6 years when I got investigated :-S ........ apparently in the small print they can go back as far as 20 years 8-) ..........In practice they only go after a paper trail ;-) .......

They tried to screw me for another 13k on top on the 1k a month I was already paying in income tax >:-( ......But after 2 years investigating they got 300 quid my account got 3k and I got megga p*ssed off so I semi retired B-) .........

'Semi retired' from scrounging or fiddling? *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-03-15 4:56 PM

'Semi retired' from scrounging or fiddling? *-)

Semi retired from topping up the public sectors oikes trough along with that of the feckless *-) ..........

Now I've finally got my snout in it B-) ........

Move over >:-) ....... >:-) ......... >:-) ........

I reckon Er madges coffers are more than a few 100k short now >:-) ........

But hey just got confirmation of my pension from Er madge.......and a very nice lump sum B-) .......

Payback time has arrived >:-) ........

Sadly still another 6 years to go before I become a fully paid up member of the idle classes :'( .........

Been investigated twice Dave ... I think different accountants give different info ... Mine has always said keep your records for 7 years but they can go back as bar as they want but highly unlikely for us poor honest tax paying roofers

You brought it up again and now you say I'm getting all "cocky" with it ... It looks like you can't show where I said the items were stolen can you ??? Maybe it's better for you not to bring it up again because your never going to be able to show me where I said the items were stolen but of course feel free to carry on ... Your obsession with me is well documented on here with you even checking out where I live ... Your amazing

Archived