Eye sight motorhome drivers.

I read this afthernoon something very special about older drivers. At a moment a person saw the vertical lines in a cross word puzzle bending. Time for correction glasses? No. He had a Macula hole in one eye. It sits on the back in the yellow zone of the eye. Mostly for women than man from 60 years old. Repair is by putting a gas bubble be hind the macula and hoping that the hole will close natural. And that the gell will return . to keep the macula together and close the hole. During this process your eye can look as being in a aquarium, gas out gell in. Any one who went to this? Welcome.

Hi. I have AMD , optician gave me the Amster test to look at weekly to make sure lines don’t go any more wiggly! You can download one and print! Mild so far. Went to Leightons opticians had eyesight test plus tomography ( scans back of eyes). All well. Would recommend Leightons for this. You do not know if you have AMD until it gets worse, too late then. Good luck to all! BY THE WAY check DVLA eyesight, AMD is something you have to tell them if in both eyes, unless your visual acuity is eyes 6/12 in both eyes. Always ask optician for your visual acuity (VA). DVLA eyesight demands 612. Also if you have accident your insurance could be invalid.!

Taylor

Sandal wood, about 7million in the us have this. It can be go from one to the other in the worst case. The hole opens more in time so be alert. In princable their is not a cure. The last trick i read is gas pressure to take the degenrateted gell out and hoping for new to close the mascula. Similar what happens whit your meniscus in your knee. That is not repairable, and your loose your shock absorbers. As whit cancer they are not sure, and talk in similar terms why it happens. Amster should read as Amsler. But the cure is just fasinating. Thank you and keep in contact about it, i will do the same.

747 - 2018-03-18 3:24 PMThere are 2 types of Macular Degeneration. 'Dry' and 'Wet'.Dry MD is not as bad as Wet as it is usually much slower to develop.

Correct - however there is nothing that can be done about "Dry Age Related Macular Degeneration" - no cure and no treatment. My 97 year old mother has had it for 10 years and is now virtually blind.

"Wet" AMD can occasionally be treated with medication or laser surgery to reduce the excessive growth of blood vessels beneath the retina which burst & leak (hence "wet")

colin - 2018-03-19 10:34 PM

T'was on news today about stem cell treatment for AMD, can bring back eyesight.

I saw that and it certainly looks a good breakthrough. The Patient was in his late 80's and had lost the vision in the affected eye. His recovery was quick and very remarkable. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Go to good optician. Have test and ask them to do a TOMOGRAPHY,some do some don’t. This gives a very clear picture of the Macular, if AMD it shows how bad, if macular hole, it shows. We have Leightons optician in UK, they always do the tomography if asked. Dry AMD not curable, but developed slowly, but can turn to WET AMD which is cured by injection if caught early enough.

S

Archived