Fisherman Farage getting owned!

Bulletguy

This is wonderful viewing. Idiot Farage getting well and truly 'owned' by Guy Verhofstadt in the EU who gave him a right verbal kicking after his silly stunt on the Thames.

During the three years Farage was on the EU Fisheries Committee he attended just ONE meeting out of 42. *-)

Verhofstadt went on to say, "Let’s be honest about it, you are a member of the fisheries committee for example and you’re never there. Never. In 2011, no attendance. In 2012, no attendance.

“You pay yourself a salary without doing any labour in your own committee.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/guy-verhofstadt-issues-stinging-burn-to-farage-over-his-fishing-protest-a3795726.html

Bulletguy - 2018-03-24 6:12 PM

This is wonderful viewing. Idiot Farage getting well and truly 'owned' by Guy Verhofstadt in the EU who gave him a right verbal kicking after his silly stunt on the Thames.

During the three years Farage was on the EU Fisheries Committee he attended just ONE meeting out of 42. *-)

Verhofstadt went on to say, "Let’s be honest about it, you are a member of the fisheries committee for example and you’re never there. Never. In 2011, no attendance. In 2012, no attendance.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/guy-verhofstadt-issues-stinging-burn-to-farage-over-his-fishing-protest-a3795726.html

He was busy ... He was the main reason for Brexit ... Wether you like his view or not without him and all the insults he's endured and threats from folk like you he stuck with it ... You might do well to learn from someone like him but I guess you prefer the leader of an anti-Semitic party ... Says it all ... To be fair though who gives a sh8t what Guy Verhofstadt has to say ??? You obviously

antony1969 - 2018-03-24 6:21 PM

He was busy ...

Busy!!!?? 8-) (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

With rich fishing waters that the rest of the EU contries want to plunder mercilessly I doubt whether attending any committee meetings would achieve anything of advantage for the UK?

Not that I am motivated enough to investigate impartially to try and discover the truth as opposed to the media hype.

Bulletguy - 2018-03-24 6:42 PM

antony1969 - 2018-03-24 6:21 PM

He was busy ...

Busy!!!?? 8-) (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

You hate him ... You've got a disgusting Faragephobia ... So whatever he does you hate ... Those that like him could not give a sweet fig if he attended fisheries meetings in the corrupt powerhouse of the EU ... Try again ... Loser

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-03-24 7:02 PM

You hate him ... You've got a disgusting Faragephobia ... So whatever he does you hate ...

Another Phobia for Bullet to add to his collection (lol) ..........

The list so far 8-) ..........

Kafirphobia, DailyMailphobia, Toryphobia, Pelmetphobia (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2018-03-25 9:06 AM

antony1969 - 2018-03-24 7:02 PM

You hate him ... You've got a disgusting Faragephobia ... So whatever he does you hate ...

Another Phobia for Bullet to add to his collection (lol) ..........

The list so far 8-) ..........

Kafirphobia, DailyMailphobia, Toryphobia, Pelmetphobia (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Might want to add eosophobia to that list given his fear of daylight and maybe a touch anthropophobia as his hermit like existence suggests he has a problem with people ... Regards

Im really enjoying my Sunday morning. First I get to see the Brexiteers throwing their toys out of the pram and shouting "Not Fair" about the stupid blue passports and now I get to see Farage getting a proper pasting for not doing his job. I cant wait to see the look on his face when Brexit goes tits up. (lol)

Might be like this.

https://s26.postimg.org/xscabevgp/imageedit_5_9776987262.gif

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-03-25 11:18 AM

Im really enjoying my Sunday morning. First I get to see the Brexiteers throwing their toys out of the pram and shouting "Not Fair" about the stupid blue passports and now I get to see Farage getting a proper pasting for not doing his job. I cant wait to see the look on his face when Brexit goes tits up. (lol)

Might be like this.

https://s26.postimg.org/xscabevgp/imageedit_5_9776987262.gif

I do believe Barry you're starting to show signs of WhingeOphobia 8-) ........

Im not whinging Dave. Im laughing.

In fact I laugh more and more with every passing day at Brexit, its hilarious.

I kind of hope it does happen now though as I am not sure I can bear it completely falling apart as I may laugh so much ill croak. (lol)

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting incite into the real truth about Brexit, the EU CFP and the real effect on the British Fishing industry. Yet another Brexit myth based on lies exposed.

"Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage and others like to say that the CFP has “destroyed” the British fishing industry or “halved” the number of British fishermen. In fact, in terms of profits of the big fishing companies, the British industry is one of the most successful in the EU.

If the numbers of fishermen in the UK have fallen sharply since 1973, it is partly the fault of the cod wars. It is also the result of the sale and concentration of quotas into fewer and fewer hands – something that successive British governments have permitted or encouraged."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/06/ukip-british-fishing-westminster-brussels-brexit

Guest pelmetman

" about 6o% of the tonnage of quotas within the “British” 200-mile limit went to non-British boats."

Once we take back control ;-) ...........We'll be able to decide who has what.......Not the EU B-) .......

356 days to go :D ........

pelmetman - 2018-04-06 12:23 PM

" about 6o% of the tonnage of quotas within the “British” 200-mile limit went to non-British boats."

Once we take back control ;-) ...........We'll be able to decide who has what.......Not the EU B-) .......

You conveniently left out the next bit

"The “foreign” boats had fished there for decades, sometimes for centuries. A large part of the “tonnage” of the foreign-caught fish consisted, then and now, of species we do not much like to eat (herring or hake, for instance) or species caught for milling into animal feed. The Danes, for instance, take 90% of the sprats in some “British” sea areas – and they did so long before the common fisheries policy."

So it was nothing to do with the EU or the CFP, its been like that for decades and the thing is our fleets will continue to need to fish in EU waters and vice versa for the foreseeable.

The demise of the "British" fishing industry has less to do with EU and more to do with Iceland and Norway back in the 60s/70s....so it's necessary to look back to see where the problems really began.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/britains-fishy-role-in-the-quota-hopping-scandal-1315516.html

Crowing about "taking back control" makes me laugh....even more coming from someone who spends half the year spending money outside the UK because these people aren't in the least bit interested in supporting UK economy.

The other issue is who will work the trawlers? I think i've mentioned before when i visited Peterhead a couple of years ago, UK's largest fishing fleet, i was talking to a skipper supervising the landing of his boats catch. He was Scottish, but all his crew were East European. I asked him about local labour and he laughed, "can't get them to do the work...IF i manage to get a local lad signed up, i'm lucky if he lasts one trip".

Pay is catch dependent. Sometimes they walk away with a few hundred quid apiece after three weeks at sea, but can also walk away with a few grand if the catch has been good. The work is very hard and very dangerous. He told me most trawlers are crewed by Lithuanian, Polish and Latvian. One of his crew was already part way through completing a course to qualify for his Skippers licence.

That's more like "taking control" to me. That youth will be in command of his boss's trawler and eventually go on to purchase his own trawler, possibly his skippers as he told me he plans to retire....and he doesn't want to lose that lad at all.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-04-06 1:05 PM

"The “foreign” boats had fished there for decades, sometimes for centuries. A large part of the “tonnage” of the foreign-caught fish consisted, then and now, of species we do not much like to eat (herring or hake, for instance) or species caught for milling into animal feed. The Danes, for instance, take 90% of the sprats in some “British” sea areas – and they did so long before the common fisheries policy."

You conveniently ignore the fact that they did so with our permission ;-) .........Not the EU's :-| .......

pelmetman - 2018-04-06 2:40 PM

You conveniently ignore the fact that they did so with our permission ;-) .........Not the EU's :-| .......

Eh? Thats the point.

Once again its another Brexit vote winning myth.

Its totally undeniable that in the main its been the UK Government that is responsible for much of the ills that are blamed at the far to easy foot of the EU.

The super Rich elite have on the back of that forced the Tories in their desperate need to cling onto their jobs and power to have a referendum.

The headlining blame the EU topics that drove the vote were the real juicy meat that they felt the plebs would easily swallow.

Just look at it

Immigration - Down to the crap UK Government, EU cops the blame

Fishing - all the EUs fault, not so it now seems

Barmy EU Laws - nobody could name any but 20 years of fake ones from the right wing press have slowly done their job.

Sovereignty - Do any of the other EU countries feel they have lost their sovereignty? Nope because they dont interpret every EU law or directive at its exact wording or lie to the people who's fault their crappy mess is.

I wonder who they (the government) will try and pass the buck off to once (if) we leave.

So none of the above will change, it will just expose our government thats all who have no intention of changing any of the above partly because they dont want to and partly because they cant.

The only thing that Brexit will probably deliver for you is a Corbyn Government. 8-)

So, why are we leaving again?

There will be no answers of course to that last question, just deflection, posts about whinging etc.

You do know fish migrate don't you? A totally unfettered "freedom of movement" you nutcases have absolutely no control over at all.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-04-06 4:11 PM

You do know fish migrate don't you? A totally unfettered "freedom of movement" you nutcases have absolutely no control over at all.

Now read this bit again very slowly Bullet, perhaps following the words with your finger will help ;-) ........

"about 6o% of the tonnage of quotas within the “British” 200-mile limit went to non-British boats."

We're talking about our fishing zone.......Not the fish *-) .........

Although it's pretty clear most of your brain cells have been fished out >:-) ..........

355 days to go >:-) ..........

On a purely economic basis as fishing accounts for 1% of our GDP and figures for 2016 showed that 19.17 percent of our GDP came from the manufacturing industry and 80.22 percent from the service sector I question why is the effect of the CFP on our fishing industry given so much prominence in the Brexit debate and where is the evidence is it likely that things will be better for our fisherman post-Brexit?

Violet1956 - 2018-04-07 11:18 AM

On a purely economic basis as fishing accounts for 1% of our GDP and figures for 2016 showed that 19.17 percent of our GDP came from the manufacturing industry and 80.22 percent from the service sector I question why is the effect of the CFP on our fishing industry given so much prominence in the Brexit debate and where is the evidence is it likely that things will be better for our fisherman post-Brexit?

I think its less that 1% Veronica.

It was given so much prominence as like immigration it was a chest beating vote winner. Fishermen do a difficult and dangerous job and it was easy to blame the nasty EU for the decline of the British Fishing industry. Nobody was really looking at facts and figures. Immigration was the same. Easy to blame the EU again and immigrants for all the problems in the UK. This rot has been slowly drip fed for years via the Brexit biased media.

The problem is as I said earlier much of the blame for any of the claims Vote Leave blamed the EU for should really have been laid at the feet of our Government which is another reason why not much will change post Brexit. They could have addressed most of the Brexit vote winning issues but did not. What makes Brexiteers think they will after we leave?

It may be small in percentage terms but try telling that to the reidents of Newlyn, Falmouth, Hull, Grimsby, Peterhead, and dozens of small villages along the UK coast where small scale inshore sea fishing was as much a traditional way of life as a living, but UK tradition seems of no importance to those who would dictate fishing 'agreements'.

Tracker - 2018-04-07 12:00 PM

It may be small in percentage terms but try telling that to the reidents of Newlyn, Falmouth, Hull, Grimsby, Peterhead, and dozens of small villages along the UK coast where small scale inshore sea fishing was as much a traditional way of life as a living, but UK tradition seems of no importance to those who would dictate fishing 'agreements'.

I accept it is a big deal for those people you mention Rich and in no way do I seek to minimise the hardship they suffered. Nevertheless where is the evidence that such a way of life will return to those places post Brexit?

Violet1956 - 2018-04-07 12:30 PM

Nevertheless where is the evidence that such a way of life will return to those places post Brexit?

The way of life probably will never return as the boats and gear have been sold on or have deteriorated and the people moved or found other work so just like when a village shop or PO closes it rarely reopens as the cost of starting again is prohibitive - not that I am blaming the demise of local shops on the EU - yet!!

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-04-07 12:30 PM

Tracker - 2018-04-07 12:00 PM

I accept it is a big deal for those people you mention Rich and in no way do I seek to minimise the hardship they suffered. Nevertheless where is the evidence that such a way of life will return to those places post Brexit?

Well assuming once we have finally exited the EU and we "Take back control" of dishing out the quota's for fishing in UK waters, then I'd like to assume UK fishermen will be given first dibs ;-) ..........and I would expect our fishermen would then have the confidence to reinvest in their industry B-) ........

Archived