Aldi satellite dish kit

ColinM50

Just bought one of these in my local Aldi

https://www.aldi.co.uk/philex-hd-portable-satellite-kit/p/082985201199900

Seems very comprehensive with just about everything you need in a very good self contained case . Dish is a bit on the small side for use abroad so might just buy a second larger dish for France and see how we get on but for £60 can't really go wrong and Aldi give a three year guarantee so IMHO worth a go.

Not tried it out yet, but maybe give it a go during next week

We use a similar set up, but we have swapped the origional 45cm dish and fittings for an 80cm dish on a tripod and that has worked well for us throughout France. We do not use the sat finder and compass though. We have an Easyfinder Lnb and receiver set and find it so easy because the signal indicator lights are on the Lnb so we can just swing the whole dish around in approximately the right direction until we find the green indicator. When we are in an area where trees are a problem I can hold the dish in my hands and move around until I find a good signal, and then I set up the tthe tripod. I know that if mine goes wrong I shall buy another. I don't think they cost a lot,

AGD

Guest pelmetman

My dish is in the skip ;-) .......Only ever got the god and news channels here in Spain *-) .........

Still got all the plumbing though just in case er in doors demands a soap and the requisite 3 mtr dish 8-) .......

Archived