Motorhome Floor Repairs

Kenziefish

Good day all

We've just had the devastating news that the floor to our Swift Suntor is affected by rot adjacent to the habitation door. What's worse is that we have been quoted a cost to repair this at around 10% of the vans overall value. Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced contractor in the Yorkshire area that we can trust to undertake this work for us.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi

I had a problem with this on 54reg swift lifestyle 590rl about 8 years ago. I asked swift very nicely if they could help me. They picked up my van on a transporter took it back to the factory cut out all the rot dried van in heated workshop then repaired the floor. When ready to pick up they had a hire car dropped off at my house for me to drive to Hull they showed me all the work they had done I then drove home, When at home I sent them a receipt for fuel I purchased to get home as told to and they refunded me at 30p a mile. All this was done on a vehicle that was out of warranty FOC. If you look the swift forum other vans were repaired to i don't know if they will still repair this type of fault but it has got to be worth asking. At no point make it sound like it is there fault tell them you don't know where to turn for help.

Good luck

Paul

You can purchase a kit that is a thin epoxy resin which you insert with a syringe through holes you have drilled in the floor. I used it extensively, quite successfully, in my none other than Swift, Leaky Kontiki

Google "repair caravan delaminating floor" and you will get some useful links

Archived