British policing 2018.........

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this on FC of all places.

Put the flags out. I wholeheartedly agree with Hinge and Bracket! (lol)

Assuming we have had the truth that is.

Your home should be sacred and you should be able to defend it in any way you wish not have to worry about dropping your 12 bore or knife if the intruder is only armed with a screwdriver. They should give him an award not lock him up.

Only thing I believe in the Daily Mail is the date on the front page.

Says it all when someone quotes the Daily Mail as their source of information.

Like Fawlty Towers Waiter Manuel saying 'I learn all my skills from Signor Fawlty' :D

I recall a similar diatribe from them when Tony Martin shot a boy who they wrongly called a burglar.

English law invariably comes down on the side of the property owner - England was about the last place to outlaw rogue wheelclampers for example.

But even in England the property owner's powers are not unlimited.

When Tony Martin shot a 16 year old trespasser (not a burglar) with an illegal firearm in the back as he was running away, and left him to die in agony overnight without telling anyone, even English law held that Martin had crossed the line. Much to the Chagrin of the Daily Mail.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-04-05 2:58 PM

When Tony Martin shot a 16 year old trespasser (not a burglar)

So he was there admiring the view in the dark? *-) .......

Dam it Peter we're all entitled to be stupid :-| ......

But you're starting to abuse the privilege 8-) .......

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-04-05 6:40 PM

pelmetman - 2018-04-05 6:09 PM

So he was there admiring the view in the dark? *-) .......

Nope

pelmetman - 2018-04-05 6:09 PM

Dam it Peter we're all entitled to be stupid :-| ......

Of course you are :D

So if you woke up with this scumbag and his mate burgling your house and threatening you with a screwdriver you'd do a Corbyn ask him if he wanted a cuppa tea? *-) .........

Dam your scary stupid 8-) .......Like Corbyn >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-04-05 6:49 PM

Nope

So you admit he was a thieving Scumbag? ;-) ........

He wasn't there to steal anything. He was just there trying to retrieve equipment for others that they had dropped when Martin chased them off. They had set him up and paid him a pittance to do it because he didn't know the risk and they did. Being very poor he needed the money, a wealthier family wouldn't - inequality leading to crime again. He wasn't a saint but he didn't deserve to die like that. Or the coverage he got in the Daily Mail. Thats why I can't comment on the current Daily Mail story because, like many people, I can't take the Daily Mail as a credible source of news.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-04-06 10:33 AM

pelmetman - 2018-04-05 6:49 PM

Nope

So you admit he was a thieving Scumbag? ;-) ........

He wasn't there to steal anything. He was just there trying to retrieve equipment for others that they had dropped when Martin chased them off. They had set him up and paid him a pittance to do it because he didn't know the risk and they did. Being very poor he needed the money, a wealthier family wouldn't - inequality leading to crime again. He wasn't a saint but he didn't deserve to die like that. Or the coverage he got in the Daily Mail. Thats why I can't comment on the current Daily Mail story because, like many people, I can't take the Daily Mail as a credible source of news.

What a perfect example of a gold plaited loony lefty excuse merchant you are Peter (lol) ..........

No doubt you think the OAP involved in the killing of that career burglar should go to jail as well? *-) ........

Where as I like most right thinking folk reckon he should get a medal ;-) .......

pelmetman - 2018-04-05 6:38 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5580925/Pensioner-78-stabbed-burglar-bailed.html

Oh dear how sad..... never mind :-| .......

Give the OAP a SAS medal for doing something our So Called Justice System Could NOT *-) ........

Stopping A Scumbag >:-) ........

Well of course for someone who is cowardly, and cares nothing for others, the easiest thing would be to shoot them. Wheras engaging with them takes courage.

pelmetman - 2018-04-06 10:40 AM

What a perfect example of a gold plaited loony lefty excuse merchant you are Peter (lol) ..........

No doubt you think the OAP involved in the killing of that career burglar should go to jail as well? *-) ........

Where as I like most right thinking folk reckon he should get a medal ;-) .......

Name calling and making things up

You could get a job on the Daily Mail (lol)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-04-06 10:40 AM

pelmetman - 2018-04-05 6:38 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5580925/Pensioner-78-stabbed-burglar-bailed.html

Oh dear how sad..... never mind :-| .......

Give the OAP a SAS medal for doing something our So Called Justice System Could NOT *-) ........

Stopping A Scumbag >:-) ........

Well of course for someone who is cowardly, and cares nothing for others, the easiest thing would be to shoot them. Wheras engaging with them takes courage.

So you reckon the OAP was a coward???? :-S ..........Dam your marbles are deranged 8-) .........

Maybe you excuse merchants should all put notices on your doors saying "Thieving scumbags welcome here"........Then you could use some of that courage to engage with them >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-04-06 10:44 AM

pelmetman - 2018-04-06 10:40 AM

Name calling and making things up

You could get a job on the Daily Mail (lol)

If the loony lefty cap fits ;-) ..........although I doubt that there's much to chose between you and Bullet :D ..........

So perhaps you should share it (lol) ..........

Released without charge, so is all this Daily Mail outrage because the police had the affrontery to arrest and interview a property owner for killing somebody?

Or is it just because Daily Mail readers want to know the house prices in that street *-)

So, Sorry Tracker, I still can't find anything more recent than 19 years ago to show Her Unelected Majesty's Judiciary finding against the property owner.

No need to apologise, let us rejoice now that the world is a better place with one less scumbag in it and let the message go out loud and clear to other scumbags that home owners do have the right to defend themselves and their homes against scumbags that thieve, injure and damage.

Due process was followed and that is a very good reason for us all to have faith that here in the UK we are supported by a police force that most often do their best to uphold our law. Let's offer every support to this poor man who had to face what was no doubt a terrifying incident and the ensuing investigation without castigating the police for doing their job.

Tracker - 2018-04-06 7:24 PM

let the message go out loud and clear to other scumbags that home owners do have the right to defend themselves and their homes against scumbags that thieve, injure and damage.

You only have to look beyond the Daily Mail - to places like South Africa and America - to see that is not an effective substitute for tackling rising inequality. :-(

Violet1956 - 2018-04-06 7:25 PM

Due process was followed and that is a very good reason for us all to have faith that here in the UK we are supported by a police force that most often do their best to uphold our law. Let's offer every support to this poor man who had to face what was no doubt a terrifying incident and the ensuing investigation without castigating the police for doing their job.

Absolutely.

The police are hit by the triple whammy of rising inequality leading to more crime,

cuts to their budgets,

and greater demands to look after the ever growing number of Politicians and Royal Family Hangers On at the expense of the rest of us.

Think about it.

2 young men versus one old age pensioner, and they would rather run away than hit him.

Put the Daily Mail aside and think for yourself (if possible)

What does that tell you about them?

Suggests to me they didn't want to hurt him.

With that in mind, I can't hope they suffered.

Which does not mean I defend or support burglars Antony.

Archived