British policing 2018.........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-04-07 8:08 AM

Think about it.

2 young men versus one old age pensioner, and they would rather run away than hit him.

Put the Daily Mail aside and think for yourself (if possible)

What does that tell you about them?

Suggests to me they didn't want to hurt him.

With that in mind, I can't hope they suffered.

Which does not mean I defend or support burglars Antony.

So you were there? *-) ...........

Looks to me like they legged it after a near 80 year old showed he had more balls than those 2 low life scumbags :-| ..........

The fact that you're on the side of the wrong doers says so much about the mindset of the Loony Left and why your ilk in Labour should never be allowed into power 8-) ........

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Christopher Chope MP doesn’t seem to understand why the police had to arrest Mr Osborn-Brooks. He’s reported in The Times today as having said it was alright to question him but not to arrest him. The police have to arrest a person in order to give them the protections afforded under the law to someone who might (emphasis on might) be charged with an offence e.g. the right to have a lawyer present, to be cautioned about his right not to say anything etc etc. Mr Chope, who is a barrister, perhaps only dealt with civil law, his knowledge of criminal law is woeful. Stands out as an example of yet another MP speaking from a position of ignorance or worse still not ignorance but one prepared to obscure the truth to make himself more popular with his constituents at the expense of the reputation of the police. Some other chump started collecting money for the defence of Mr Osborn-Brooks. He can get a solicitor for free at the police station if he asks for one and presumably Dave P won’t have any problem with that on this occasion.

pelmetman - 2018-04-07 8:19 AM

The fact that you're on the side of the wrong doers says so much about the mindset of the Loony Left and why your ilk in Labour should never be allowed into power 8-) ........

So you can't put the Daily Mail aside and think for yourself then :-S

Violet1956 - 2018-04-07 9:02 AM

Christopher Chope MP doesn’t seem to understand why the police had to arrest Mr Osborn-Brooks. He’s reported in The Times today as having said it was alright to question him but not to arrest him. The police have to arrest a person in order to give them the protections afforded under the law to someone who might (emphasis on might) be charged with an offence e.g. the right to have a lawyer present, to be cautioned about his right not to say anything etc etc. Mr Chope, who is a barrister, perhaps only dealt with civil law, his knowledge of criminal law is woeful. Stands out as an example of yet another MP speaking from a position of ignorance or worse still not ignorance but one prepared to obscure the truth to make himself more popular with his constituents at the expense of the reputation of the police. Some other chump started collecting money for the defence of Mr Osborn-Brooks. He can get a solicitor for free at the police station if he asks for one and presumably Dave P won’t have any problem with that on this occasion.

I seem to remember it was populist MPs like that who brought in a mandatory life sentence for murder.

Which backfired on them when their hero Tony Martin was up for murder :-S

Tracker - 2018-04-06 7:24 PM

No need to apologise, let us rejoice now that the world is a better place with one less scumbag in it and let the message go out loud and clear to other scumbags that home owners do have the right to defend themselves and their homes against scumbags that thieve, injure and damage.

How many will read the message as 'take a weapon and strike first' ?

An Englishman's home is his castle and I reserve the right to defend mine against anyone who enters without legal authority or invitation and rather than wait until I am attacked I consider it much better for me to tell an intruder to leave and if they refuse I will strike first. I may be not as strong or healthy as I was and that serves to encourage me to strike first as I doubt I would be able to physically overpower an intruder.

In spite of all their fine waffle, I have to wonder how those that oppose this view would defend their own home and family if it came to it?

Tracker - 2018-04-07 11:10 AM

An Englishman's home is his castle and I reserve the right to defend mine against anyone who enters without legal authority or invitation and rather than wait until I am attacked I consider it much better for me to tell an intruder to leave and if they refuse I will strike first. I may be not as strong or healthy as I was and that serves to encourage me to strike first as I doubt I would be able to physically overpower an intruder.

In spite of all their fine waffle, I have to wonder how those that oppose this view would defend their own home and family if it came to it?

English Law is framed in such a way as to give you that right Rich, subject to any force used being reasonable in light of all the circumstances as the case of Mr Osborn-Brooks shows. If you have a reasonable fear that any intruder intends to use potentially lethal force against you then then you can kill him even to the extent of making the first strike. The law recognises that you cannot always be expected in the heat of the moment to apply what transpires later to have been disproportionate force to repel and intruder unless you used grossly disproportionate force in all the circumstances. The defence is available under a statue passed after the Martin case because it was believed the old common law defence and one under the 1967 were not sufficient to protect householders faced with intruders.

Come then all you do-gooders - let's have your answer?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-04-06 10:14 PM

Tracker - 2018-04-06 7:24 PM

let the message go out loud and clear to other scumbags that home owners do have the right to defend themselves and their homes against scumbags that thieve, injure and damage.

You only have to look beyond the Daily Mail - to places like South Africa and America - to see that is not an effective substitute for tackling rising inequality. :-(

I found the best cure for my inequality was to work hard ;-) ........

But of course that's something alien to todays benefit scroungers who think they're the victims *-) ..........

No doubt you've helped entrench that view into a few feckless workshy losers eh Peter? >:-) ..........

It's a bit like Jeux sans frontieres innit - John the Joker has played his inequality card looking for double points.

Inequality is the same for all of us and it is up to teach individual to get up off his backside and make something of their life, although I accept that is not as easy as sitting on your backside screaming inequality whilst the rest of us subsidise you.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-04-07 9:11 AM

pelmetman - 2018-04-07 8:19 AM

So you can't put the Daily Mail aside and think for yourself then :-S

As you know newspapers reflect the view of its readership ;-) ..........Which is why the Daily Mail is the most widely read newspaper in the country......unlike the "Morning Star" which most sensible folk would consider only useful for hanging on a 6" nail in the outhouse >:-) ........

Prevention is better than cure.

I would prefer to follow more egalitarian societies where the crime rate is much lower

Than relentlesly increasing the gap between rich and poor, creating more eletism where the crime rate is invariably much higher.

Why can't we follow countries like Germany where the crime rate is much lower

Instead of America where the crime rate is much higher - despite householders having guns and about 6 times as big a percentage of the population in jail?

pelmetman - 2018-04-07 3:39 PM

John52 - 2018-04-07 3:32 PM

You need to keep up with events Peter (lol) ........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42557828

Best not mention Corbyn's favourite country either eh? >:-) .........

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp

Who says Venezuala is Corbyn's favourite country *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-04-07 3:56 PM

Corbyn >:-) ........

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-venezuela-must-condemn-richard-burgon-us-ken-livingstone-a7875451.html

But I guess he's torn between Venezuela and Russia ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-04-07 2:22 PM

But of course that's something alien to todays benefit scroungers who think they're the victims *-) ..........

It's unusual these days to hear from people like yourself who are so confident about the future of 'work' for everyone.

Seems more likely to me that people will have to be paid not to work - otherwise - with the increase in robotics - there will be no customers for the goods and services that robots provide.

(It's already being tried in Finland ).

:-(

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-04-07 4:43 PM

pelmetman - 2018-04-07 2:22 PM

It's unusual these days to hear from people like yourself who are so confident about the future of 'work' for everyone.

Seems more likely to me that people will have to be paid not to work - otherwise - with the increase in robotics - there will be no customers for the goods and services that robots provide.

(It's already being tried in Finland ).

:-(

We currently have enough jobs for everyone ;-) .........Why else do we need so many migrants?........

To do the work that our benefit loving workshy are for some reason allowed to refuse to do *-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-04-07 4:20 PM

John52 - 2018-04-07 3:56 PM

Corbyn >:-) ........

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-venezuela-must-condemn-richard-burgon-us-ken-livingstone-a7875451.html

But I guess he's torn between Venezuela and Russia ;-) ........

Nope, I still can't find the bit that shows Venezuala is Corbyn's favourite country.

Can you point it out *-)

pelmetman - 2018-04-07 4:47 PM

We currently have enough jobs for everyone ;-) .........Why else do we need so many migrants?........

To do the work that our benefit loving workshy are for some reason allowed to refuse to do *-) ........

Housing crisis and high rents has created a mobility of labour problem.

Plenty of jobs that don't pay enough to live in the area.

Migrants are often single young men crammed in several to a room or caravan etc Often working on illegal sites. I saw one disabled migrant begging on the streets. He had been working on a site with no health & safety, got injured, and they just threw him out like garbage. No compensation. Nothing to live on.

Thats another problem - when they can get young migrants firms won't employ older workers because they can't run fast enough. I have heard of firms who won't take anyone on who is over 30. Or who takes any interest in Health & Safety.

John52 - 2018-04-07 6:00 PM

pelmetman - 2018-04-07 4:47 PM

Housing crisis and high rents has created a mobility of labour problem.

Plenty of jobs that don't pay enough to live in the area.

Migrants are often single young men crammed in several to a room or caravan etc Often working on illegal sites. I saw one disabled migrant begging on the streets. He had been working on a site with no health & safety, got injured, and they just threw him out like garbage. No compensation. Nothing to live on.

Thats another problem - when they can get young migrants firms won't employ older workers because they can't run fast enough. I have heard of firms who won't take anyone on who is over 30. Or who takes any interest in Health & Safety.

Couldn't they go home if life so tough here in Blighty ???

Archived