I'm back with a message

Will86

Having just reached my 90th year I've decided to stop all official work (retire is a rude word)

Am Just disposing of all my work machinery so from now on life gets easier.

No doubt I will pop up and annoy some with my off target comments.

Have fun

Will90

Only ten to go !

Insurance is a nuisance. Impossible to change. Impossible to barter with. Third party only not an option. So I reduced the van value. If it gets broken I'll throw it away, job done and move on.

Bui it is a very ... very ... very convenient means of travel and I doubt it could be beaten. Go where and when you want for a few pence per day plus the fuel which in reality in minimal.

Its like many aspects of life you join or you do not. I never understand the complainers who beef about channel crossings or campsites ... the same applies. I spend my time looking forward not back and relish all that's offered for whatever cost.

Last week I decided no more work / work. The same will apply to driving, stop when it feels right.

PS Yes I'm still driving and feel very safe and secure doing mainly as it has a structured order that by law all should adhere to, in fact walking among traffic is the difficult bit judging speeds and distances. Travel insurance none as I keep to the UK now.

Archived