India wants free movement of people as part of trade deal

Barryd999

Hi,

At least India and the Indians like us. The EU and their residents do not like us (the British, although they may like each of us individually)

<<< If we leave we will no longer trade for free with other EU countries >>>

Agreed, we will have tp pay a tariff. But they will have to pay a tariff to trade with us. As they sell more to us than we sell to them, we will win. So they will decide that it is no longer worthwhile selling to us, so drop out of the market, leaving a void that can be filled by our producers.

I suspect that as we are still in the EU, we are not allowed to produce our own passports for patriotic reasons ,,, we have to go with the lowest tender.

Can everybody stop telling me why I voted to leave. Yes, immigration was a factor, but that was due to the rest of the EU not following the rules. I voted to leave because I wanted OUT, and I'm prepared to accept some hardship to get out. I'm guessing that many here voted to remain, so they could go motorhoming in Europe. We each did what we thought best.

For the third time, my wife has to pay £25 before the post Office will deliver a birthday present from he cousin in USA. £8 of that is for the PO to collect the VAT. The EU demands that VAT is charged of all goods from outside the EU, valued at £18 or over. If £17 is the VAT @ 20%, then the presents must be worth £85. From past experience, the same VAT was charged on goods worth about £20. Is that what they calkl a FREE market?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

At least India and the Indians like us. The EU and their residents do not like us (the British, although they may like each of us individually)

<<< If we leave we will no longer trade for free with other EU countries >>>

Agreed, we will have tp pay a tariff. But they will have to pay a tariff to trade with us. As they sell more to us than we sell to them, we will win. So they will decide that it is no longer worthwhile selling to us, so drop out of the market, leaving a void that can be filled by our producers.

I suspect that as we are still in the EU, we are not allowed to produce our own passports for patriotic reasons ,,, we have to go with the lowest tender.

Can everybody stop telling me why I voted to leave. Yes, immigration was a factor, but that was due to the rest of the EU not following the rules. I voted to leave because I wanted OUT, and I'm prepared to accept some hardship to get out. I'm guessing that many here voted to remain, so they could go motorhoming in Europe. We each did what we thought best.

For the third time, my wife has to pay £25 before the post Office will deliver a birthday present from he cousin in USA. £8 of that is for the PO to collect the VAT. The EU demands that VAT is charged of all goods from outside the EU, valued at £18 or over. If £17 is the VAT @ 20%, then the presents must be worth £85. From past experience, the same VAT was charged on goods worth about £20. Is that what they calkl a FREE market?

Archived