Parking sensors and a bike rack

Cruisecontrol

I'm contemplating having parking sensors fitted to an X290 but just wonder if there would be any conflict with the bike rack especially when the bikes are on. I guess much depends on the sensor's verticle "beam width" and whether it "see" the bike rack.

Has anyone had them fitted and found problems?

Yes I do have a camera, but with its wide angle lens and hence limited definition it can easily miss a small post.

Just four days into buying the van last year a club warden marshalled me onto an EHU post costing some £s to repair - the club did accept partial responsibility. (Why they insist on "guiding" you onto a pitch always puzzles me - even more so now!)

Anyway - that's why I'm thinking of sensors.

I fitted sensors to my van and found when the rack was down , the middle two were detecting the lowered rack. I removed them and refitted them on hinged flaps on the outer part of the lowered rack. When the rack is down they detect from the back of the rack . When the rack is folded up they detect from the back of the van.

Brian B.

thebishbus - 2018-04-24 4:55 PM

I fitted sensors to my van and found when the rack was down , the middle two were detecting the lowered rack. I removed them and refitted them on hinged flaps on the outer part of the lowered rack. When the rack is down they detect from the back of the rack . When the rack is folded up they detect from the back of the van.

Brian B.

Depending on the height of the Bike Rack, I would have thought that the sensors would miss a low post?

PJay

Archived