Autotrail Media System

Teacher

As a new member to this site I would just like to say Hi to everyone. From searching the internet over the past few days I have discovered that I am not the only one, by any means, to experience problems with the Autotrail 11ELE2000 media system fitted as an optional extra in my 2011 Autotrail Tracker EKS. The unit is a multi function affair which includes DVB-TV linked to a drop-down screen. All very nice when it works. It has recently stopped responding to the touch screen, which makes the selection of any function impossible. They do include a very small remote control which is not a great deal of help either. The supplier of my van, Camper UK, Lincoln, have informed me that Autotrail have just one repairer for this equipment and he is based in Shrewsbury. I would appreciate any suggestions re repairers more local to Lincoln or replacements which would include the TV option.

unfortuanatly they are the only ones, replacements are kenwood and one other but they wont have the tv function or reverse camera function, you are very limited, there are facebook groups that can help eg. autotrail friendly club/group but most people do other options that do not include the media unit

jonathan

Thanks for the reply, I was already getting the impression that my options for replacement units were very limited and could cost upwards of £600. The reversing camera which is built in is very handy and is the only thing still working. I suppose that the days of having TV and electrical repair shops in most towns is a thing of the past. We live in a throw-it-away society.

Archived