Rolling Stones Tickets 2018

Violet1956

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-20 11:07 AM

I do have Groupies now you know (Not just Dave and Antony). They will all be gunning for this mysterious "Veronica" now of course. Better keep a low profile Veronica.

Seeing as Veronica has such low standards you should invite her to join Fruitcakes ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-05-20 11:47 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-05-20 11:07 AM

I do have Groupies now you know (Not just Dave and Antony). They will all be gunning for this mysterious "Veronica" now of course. Better keep a low profile Veronica.

Seeing as Veronica has such low standards you should invite her to join Fruitcakes ;-) ........

Oh I dunno, is she ready to see our Darker sides? Mwhahahhaha (lol)

Barryd999 - 2018-05-20 8:21 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-05-19 10:09 PM

Found you a Jimmy Page "Black Dog" intro cover here. Err.....he's pretty damn good! :D

and another!

I do a lot of my own stuff now and if I do a cover I try and make it different. They are both good but are just playing along to Jimmy Page singing. There is no way I could ever sing anything by Jimmy Page.least not a Rock song. I did do a version of Robert Plants "If I were a Carpenter"

which is about my level. Im just not a rock singer. Actually Im not really a fecking singer full stop. (lol)

No not singing Barry......guitar riffs etc and i think you meant Robert Plant singing as Page wasn't a vocalist! That guy was just using a back track of vocals and drums then playing Pages riff. I'm more interested in guitar (or for that matter any other instrument) musicianship than singing and enjoy looking on YT for cover versions of stuff i know from the original. Some are crap but some are really top notch.

Here is an example of what i mean. You may, or may not have heard of Leo Kottke? A brilliant acoustic guitar player from the 70's of 6 & 12 string with a distinctive finger picking style. This is his original;

and here is a young lad doing a cover version of the same.....he nails it too;

Pages "Black Dog" is a favourite riff of mine but there are lots more examples of covers such as Clapton and Dave Gilmour....a young girl does a brilliant cover of "Comfortably Numb".

Nice guitar on your clip btw....lovely tone.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-05-20 1:50 PM

Nice guitar on your clip btw....lovely tone.

Don't encourage him 8-) ..........

Archived