Fiat Camper App to be discontinued??

Just spoken to the very helpful staff at Fiat Camper because the Android App on my smartphone would not accept the VIN number of my new Fiat Ducato Adria MH.

A very helpful lady telephoned me from Italy and said that the reason I could not enter the VIN was because Fiat are discontinuing/withdrawing the App :-(

She did not know why this was happening (typical mushroom management by Fiat), or when it would happen.

My guess is because it is costing Fiat too much money to maintain and profits must be maintained for the shareholders.

She said that all the information I need can be found on the Fiat Ducato Camper Assistance website: https://www.fiatcamper.com/en/home

Has anyone else heard of this change and the reason for it?

Hadn’t heard that is was being discontinued, I did however get kicked out of it when I went to check if there were any outstanding recalls for my van, when I logged back in my chassis number was still there but it was unrecognised, no matter how many times I tried to re-enter it, it kept telling me it was invalid, makes sense now!

Curiously my vin has only recently been accepted, although the van is now two years and five months old!

I also this morning updated some 13 apps, one of which was the Fiat camper app. I see no change, apart from vin recognition nor any indication of closure!

Davy

I have just spoken to Fiat Italy and rep confirmed that the App is to be c eased next month. When asked about recall notifications not being received, including the EGR valve he could not explain it. It is going to be a case of keep your fingers crossed that you get notifications or make regular phone calls to a fiat professional.

darcywick - 2018-05-25 3:38 PM

I have just spoken to Fiat Italy and rep confirmed that the App is to be c eased next month. When asked about recall notifications not being received, including the EGR valve he could not explain it. It is going to be a case of keep your fingers crossed that you get notifications or make regular phone calls to a fiat professional.

The woman I spoke to said that as long as I kept my profile details up to date in "My Ducato " section of the website then I would receive notifications directly.

It's not the best website but worth persevering and ignoring any security warning that pops up :-D

Archived