Drivers door mirror

Max Speed

Greetings from sunny Highlands

Slight catastrophic event with O/S extended door mirror (Ducato Cab unit) driver coming other way exchanged door mirros ,mine bust to blazes,managed to zip tie up to get back to base.

Fiat wanted an arm & 3 legs pricewise!! obtained aftermarket unit from Coastal Motorhomes at Ringwood

£215 inc VAT & Delivery to Highlands!

Thought I'd pass on the info

Best

Max Speed :

Hi John,

Didn't just bust the glass was the whole top & bottom ally swivel castings on the extra length type all sheared off, a guard would not have stopped the total destruction & I mean TOTAL destruction,even put a minor ding in the door .

Best

Max

Same happened to me recently. I’ve just replaced it today with an aftermarket complete unit from

FiatWingMirrors.co.uk.

I’d hoped to be able to buy just the glass, but the lower mirror swivelling motor was damaged by the collision. £110 ish posted. (Short arm)

Good service.

Max Speed - 2018-06-07 5:17 PM

Hi John,

Didn't just bust the glass was the whole top & bottom ally swivel castings on the extra length type all sheared off, a guard would not have stopped the total destruction & I mean TOTAL destruction,even put a minor ding in the door .

Best

Max

Possibly not, but I have had several instances of mirror contact by approaching traffic on narrow, but not single track, rural roads where they appeared to be totally oblivious to the presence of my mirror. After two incidents in a single weekend in rural Wales, one of which necessitated replacement of the indicator lamp in the mirror, and the second cracking the mirror casing, I fitted a pair of mirrorguards and attached white and amber Solas reflective tape to the covers between the mirror arm mouldings.

The affect on approaching traffic was immediately noticeable, with vehicles altering course, sometimes pulling in and even stopping (which is what I had already done on the previous occasions before I had been hit). I have not had a single incident since.

It seems that the black mirror casings do not register their presence to many oncoming drivers, who only "see" the width of the van body and barrel on regardless.

Archived