Car Park Barriers

equitable

Unfortunately some people in the motorhome community are not respectful of the environment. I have seen some shocking examples of bad behaviour in my holiday town such as emptying waste over newly tarmaced surfaces leaving behind a greasy residue and emptying toilets down street drains that drain directly into the sea. It only takes one irresponsible person to tarnish the names of us all.

Not sure if it's on countryfile tonight, but it appears that water companies have been abusing emergency sewer run offs which should only overflow in extreme flooding events, raw sewage is legaly being dumped in rivers throu out the year. Not an excuse for dumping a cassette, but just goes to show who are the worst culprets.

Yes watched something a while back. River authorities are not prosecuting farmers and businesses for dumping waste and chemicals in rivers. Not one has been prosecuted. They prefer to hand out advisory memos to these groups in the hope of educating them. Basically too difficult to prove / gain access to sites / too expensive. Guess historically a river has always been dumping ground. its appalling how these amazing things have helped societies and businesses to grow by offering free power wonderfull transportation and .. well... water. And they are even happy to take our waste away to the sea for us.

In bristol they have quite a good attitude to travellers as living in vans is just a fact of life. Due to house prices. People are very tolerant and the council has just seemed to resign itself to the fact that it is a large metropolis with huge student and alternative living communities. Infact all communities on earth are

probably present here. Just seems the way things are going to go. there was a large circle of caravans under the m32 during winter just kept getting bigger and bigger but the council were tolerant until summer came and it was time for the students to have their festivals and create havoc in the open spaces.its the smaller councils probably who are able to put in place descriminatory measures and get away with it. Until the mainstream press get a hold of it and they are forced to recind their sneaky protectionist measures. I think it was in cardiff where they almost brought in a rule where buskers had to send in audition tapes every 2 weeks for the council to listen to before they were given a license to busk. i mean what if the council had no taste in music its not exactly high on their job prequisite list. Also as someone who likes the old days i prefer bus stops and park benches not to have anti lie down 'arms' (a lie down is better than a sit down) buildings to not not have anti pigeon spikes. Roads not to have sleeping policemen. Shops did not have cardboard cut outs of policemen in them. Any way to manage society by physical obstruction or by automated means. I sometimes wonder if they really want us inconvenient people here at all.

Archived