Armed Forces Day Llandudno

aandncaravan

Armed Forces Day in Llandudno on the 30th has just been given a lot of coverage in the local paper.

If you are thinking of going and camping on the sea front road by Bodafon farm, you might need to get there the day before to get a 'motorhome' place.

It looks like being very busy.

Conwy Motorhomes, covered in another thread, have 7 'pitches' in Deganwy by the railway station and good access on public transport. But roads get grid locked all around Llandudno when big events are on, train should be a good way to travel into the town centre.

For the same reason a spot on the sea front out to the far end of Colwyn bay might be a good spot, near Colwyn Bay railway station?.

I don't know if these are valid motorhome stopovers but see a few vehicles parked up and I'm sure you know where to look to confirm?

There is a lot going on at Bodafon farm with static display Chinooks, Typhoon (static and flying at 12:47), Challenger tank, Red Arrows 12:00, Copter display - Merlin, Wildcat, Jupiter Heli's.

Battle of Britain fly past 12:25, etc.

There will be a Frigate in the Sea just off the Coast.

A Beach Raid, which I am guessing is a 'Commando' raid by boat from the sea?

Bands on the Prom, Parachute display teams x 3.

Plus of course all the usual Llandudno stuff of Cable cars to the top of the Orme, Cable Tram, Iron Age Copper Mines, Pier (good place to get close to the Frigate?) boat trips, Seals at Angel bay, .

Theatre, etc.

Nearby - RSPB at Conwy, Conwy Castle, Conwy harbour, (plus the Marina along the Coast).

Archived